Hair Regeneration Treatment Using Adipose-derived Stem Cell Conditioned Medium - Very Interesting

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
D6D27D1B-DFCC-441C-A687-FF01FC34E310.png
D8AE4149-4B10-4AFD-9FBC-D68B4E7E76E1.png
So I was pursuing the interwebs for info re adipose derived stem cell treatment for alopecia, and then I came across this.

It’s a product made in Korea which you can actually buy yourself.
The study states:
“We used a commercial product containing protein solution from adipose-derived stem cell-conditioned medium (AAPE; Prostemics, Seoul, Korea). AAPE® was well studied in the previous report and it contains various growth factors or cytokines such as hepatocyte growth factor, fibroblast growth factor–1, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, granulocyte macrophage-colony-stimulating factor, interleukin 6, vascular endothelial growth factor, and transforming growth factor β3.”

So it’s like a growth factor cocktail on steroids.

Now onto the study...

Adipose-derived stem cell-conditioned medium was intradermally injected in 22 patients (11 men and 11 women) with alopecia. Patients received treatment every 3 to 5 weeks for a total of 6 sessions. Hair numbers were counted using trichograms before and after treatment. A half-side comparison study was also performed in 10 patients (8 men and 2 women). Results: Hair numbers were significantly increased after treatment in both male (including those without finasteride administration) and female patients. In the half-side comparison study, the increase in hair numbers was significantly higher on the treatment side than on the placebo side.
The number of hairs increased significantly after treatment in both male (n = 11) and female (n = 11) patients (Fig 2). The mean increase in the number of hairs was 29 ± 4.1 in male patients and 15.6 ± 4.2 in female patients. No significant difference was observed between men and women. In male patients, groups with (n = 6) and without (n = 5) finasteride administration were compared. The number of hairs increased significantly after treatment in both groups (Fig 3). No significant difference was observed between groups with or without finasteride administration. Representative clinical courses are shown in Figure 4 (a male patient) and Figure 5 (a female patient).
Treatment with adipose-derived stem cell-conditioned medium was effective, even in patients who did not take finasteride. We believe that this treatment may offer an alternative to finasteride administration and thus appears particularly useful for female patients. Although no significant difference in improvement of alopecia was seen between male patients treated using adipose-derived stem cell-conditioned medium with and without finasteride administration, we got the impression that the combination of adipose-derived stem cell-conditioned medium and finasteride is preferable to single treatment. The combination therapy was effective in our previous study as well.6We believe that hairs are regulated by various factors, including androgen and cytokines. The efficacy of combination therapy should be elucidated in a future study.

So if you are interested in trying this yourself, you will need to get yourself a meso gun or pen, or know how to inject your scalp using an insulin syringe. It’s not hard - just remember no deeper that 3mm and inject at as close to 180 degrees as possible, because it will hurt a lot less.

Now, you can read more about the product and how/where to purchase here
http://www.buykorea.org/product-details/stem-cell-cosmetics-aape-skin-and-hair-ampoule--3021205.html
Although I’m sure there are other ways to purchase. If you order, MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IF THIS IS PROHIBITED BY CUSTOMS IN YOUR COUNTRY. I myself have just gone through this in Australia and it’s an enormous hassle trying to get my very expensive product back.

Anyhoo, thanks for reading.

Razor of Damocles

My Regimen
Reaction score
Similar study for Female pattern.
Shin, Hyoseung, et al. "Clinical use of conditioned media of adipose tissue‐derived stem cells in female pattern hair loss: a retrospective case series study." International journal of dermatology 54.6 (2015): 730-735.

Browsing other threads/forums though, it doesn't seem like it's had great at home success. And it's expensive. And it's hard to get them to send it. And life's hard.
Similair thread here
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...les-adsc-stem-cells-topically-applied.103256/
Srsly though that comparison....
Those pictures are cruel and I can't take the teasing anymore. Hair me now.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These people are in their forties. That's the age when the entire
body "starts to fall apart" (i.e. Prostate cancer risk goes up, breast cancer
risk for women).

Believe me, for regrowth that good, especially at that age,
I'm definitely in this.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
These people are in their forties. That's the age when the entire
body "starts to fall apart" (i.e. Prostate cancer risk goes up, breast cancer
risk for women).

Believe me, for regrowth that good, especially at that age,
I'm definitely in this.
You gonna give it a go?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it is local and I don't have to take a lot of time off of work. If it's in the
American continents (South or North), I'm 100% up for it. Otherwise I don't
have the work days (paid off).

Stem cell therapy is doing much better in India and Japan, than in the American continents, unfortunately.

This is true with Histogen, which seems to have more scientific advancements in
Japan than the United States (www.indiatimes.com). I don't have a subscription, but they
had a recent article about it within the month.

Replicel will hopefully be done in Canada (that is closer to me). I'm not overly
optimistic though.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this product is already available?? Besides efficacy, I'm assuming it also went through years of trials for safety?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and yes

How is this product not more well known? If the results in the before/afters are legit, it looks to be more effective than Replicel's results. Surprised people aren't flying from other countries to get injected since alot of people are willing to fly to Japan once Replicel is available.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a solid option for diffuse thinners. Thanks for posting this.

logikmtr

Reaction score
I am a diffuse thinner. I underwent a treatment similar to this. Fat cells were extracted from my body through minor liposuction in my midsection. Stem cells were derived from this, and a mixture of stem cell medium and PRP was injected into my scalp. Close up pictures of my scalp were taken before and after (one year apart) so that they could measure changes in hair density and thickness. Not a damn thing happened, except that I was out $5k. I was also using minoxidil and finasteride during this period.