Hair Regeneration Method Is First to Induce New Human Hair Growth

abcdefg

Reaction score
Good long term news and is another step towards the eventual goal. Its pretty big that its now proven hair can be grown in the lab and its just a matter of years before Norwood 7 can go back to Norwood 0 if they have the money. I will take any news as good news.

K

karankaran

I just posted a post today stating that advances in cosmetic surgery are happening at a rapid pace and we will have a treatment soon ,,, we have 3 very promising approaches - 1)deep wounding process , follica one , 2) bio-engineered follicles plantation, 3)and this method.
Obviously, there will be naysayers but i know and i can feel that this is different , in a few years 7 -10 , i am sure we will all get our hair back (assuming we can pay for procedures!).

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
This is great news. For those interested there will be a segment on Fox (Kelly File) in a few minutes.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..yeah..good news for 10 years from now...double-edged sword....looks like I'll have my hair back by the time I'm 55....big f-u-c-k-i-n-g deal

abcdefg

Reaction score
I still want a safe way to keep the hair I have right now because realistically this new treatment they talk about is going to be many years from now and mighty expensive for years after that. I have hair and I want to keep it.

K

karankaran

it might be 9-10 years before we see this in real world... i wonder how much follica will take , they want to remove a huge chunk of skin scalp...FDA would not let this be released without proper safety testing... there was another treatment about bio engineered follicles... i feel that they all will overwhelm us with their ability to get us back hair and take money out of our pockets , but dats ok... i am willing to pay for any treatment that will get me back to my early 20s...

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To the gurus out there I am looking for a scientific answer for this question:

How is christiano's finding different than the japanese one few months ago? They also did grow humar follicles on rodents.

If you don't know please don't speculate. Too much speculation on this site.

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
To the gurus out there I am looking for a scientific answer for this question:

How is christiano's finding different than the japanese one few months ago? They also did grow humar follicles on rodents.

If you don't know please don't speculate. Too much speculation on this site.

If you read the other breakthrough they simply took existing functional human hair and grew it on a bald mouse. The human hair was not dead, it was still growing fine. It just tested a new transplant method.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
RATS RATS RATS MICE RATS RATS RATS.

Scumfuc

Reaction score
I think everyone should operate on the assumption that none of these studies will be commercially viable, and get on Propecia.

If you're a regular reader of science news, cancer has been on the cusp of being "cured" every year since 1990, and yet here we are.