Hair Product Master List - What Are You Using?

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving fellas. As a pretty new wearer I feel like I am most struggling right now with finding the right products. I think having a giant list of what everyone uses in terms of shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, and any other styling products would be incredibly helpful for people in my boat. Im tired of wasting money trying out new products only for them to take a toll on the system and have to subsequently get thrown in the garbage. Also, knowing what ingredients to look for and to avoid would help tremendously IMO.

So far, what I have been using:

Shampoo: Renpure Biotin / Collagen thickening shampoo -- cant really speak to its efficacy because I only used it once on my faulty system and sure enough it dried the living sh*t out of it.

Conditioner: Renpure Coconut Cream Conditioner -- same deal in that I only used it once, but it did work pretty well for my bio hair. My understanding is that its a water-soluble silicone.

Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque -- have had good results with this. Leaves the hair nice and soft, I use it after I shampoo and condition

Leave-in Conditioner: Shea Moisture 100 percent Virgin Coconut Oil Leave In Treatment -- solid product, can build up kind of easily and leave your hair too protein-heavy but definitely is good for softness and smoothness.

Styling products I've used:

Hask Argan Oil Serum (comes in a small vile) -- silicone-based product. Works amazing for a few days but definitely can leave the hair feeling not great after it builds up. I also way overuse products like these so its probably good in smaller doses.

John Freida Frizz Ease -- Verdict is still out. I mostly used this as a detangler in my first piece (it would knot up like crazy any time it got wet) and only really applied it with the hair dry. It definitely built up and made it feel not so great after a while -- almost waxy.

Luster's Renutrients Slick Stick -- probably my favorite styling product albeit one I don't use very often. Solid hold but its a lightweight product for sure. Takes care of the stray hairs. Have been using for years even with my bio hair. You can apply directly on to hair or on hands first (my preferred method for even distribution).

Theres a bunch of other sh*t i've tried but not enough to post about it yet. But I am due for a wash tomorrow so I would like to lock down a shampoo conditioner combo before I do that.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Overall, one more looming question is whether hair systems prefer silicone-based products and what routine should be in place if that's the route you take?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving fellas. As a pretty new wearer I feel like I am most struggling right now with finding the right products. I think having a giant list of what everyone uses in terms of shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, and any other styling products would be incredibly helpful for people in my boat. Im tired of wasting money trying out new products only for them to take a toll on the system and have to subsequently get thrown in the garbage. Also, knowing what ingredients to look for and to avoid would help tremendously IMO.

So far, what I have been using:

Shampoo: Renpure Biotin / Collagen thickening shampoo -- cant really speak to its efficacy because I only used it once on my faulty system and sure enough it dried the living sh*t out of it.

Conditioner: Renpure Coconut Cream Conditioner -- same deal in that I only used it once, but it did work pretty well for my bio hair. My understanding is that its a water-soluble silicone.

Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque -- have had good results with this. Leaves the hair nice and soft, I use it after I shampoo and condition

Leave-in Conditioner: Shea Moisture 100 percent Virgin Coconut Oil Leave In Treatment -- solid product, can build up kind of easily and leave your hair too protein-heavy but definitely is good for softness and smoothness.

Styling products I've used:

Hask Argan Oil Serum (comes in a small vile) -- silicone-based product. Works amazing for a few days but definitely can leave the hair feeling not great after it builds up. I also way overuse products like these so its probably good in smaller doses.

John Freida Frizz Ease -- Verdict is still out. I mostly used this as a detangler in my first piece (it would knot up like crazy any time it got wet) and only really applied it with the hair dry. It definitely built up and made it feel not so great after a while -- almost waxy.

Luster's Renutrients Slick Stick -- probably my favorite styling product albeit one I don't use very often. Solid hold but its a lightweight product for sure. Takes care of the stray hairs. Have been using for years even with my bio hair. You can apply directly on to hair or on hands first (my preferred method for even distribution).

Theres a bunch of other sh*t i've tried but not enough to post about it yet. But I am due for a wash tomorrow so I would like to lock down a shampoo conditioner combo before I do that.

I'm just sharing my opinion of hair products. I bought a lot of hair products when I first started wearing a hair system about 13 months ago and tried a bunch of them just like everyone else. After a couple of months going through the normal routine, I decided to do a no hair products experiments. Since no hair products leave it on the hair, I just use cold water to rinse and wash the hair system every 7-10 days. It works fine for UTS system because the body odor can't seep through the skin base to the hair. I use 91% isopropyl alcohol to clean the skin base every 1-4 days depending on how often I de-attach.. The hair doesn't feel any different from the time I used leave-in-conditioner, shampoo and conditioner. Actually, without using any products it keeps the hair quality looking better and it maintains luster, smoother and getting excellent results all the time after water washing it. I gave away many unnecessary products to GoodWill and most of them are still brand new in the bottle never been used. I didn't do the no hair products experiment on lace base system so it might not work out for lace wearer.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I'm just sharing my opinion of hair products. I bought a lot of hair products when I first started wearing a hair system about 13 months ago and tried a bunch of them just like everyone else. After a couple of months going through the normal routine, I decided to do a no hair products experiments. Since no hair products leave it on the hair, I just use cold water to rinse and wash the hair system every 7-10 days. It works fine for UTS system because the body odor can't seep through the skin base to the hair. I use 91% isopropyl alcohol to clean the skin base every 1-4 days depending on how often I de-attach.. The hair doesn't feel any different from the time I used leave-in-conditioner, shampoo and conditioner. Actually, without using any products it keeps the hair quality looking better and it maintains luster, smoother and getting excellent results all the time after water washing it. I gave away many unnecessary products to GoodWill and most of them are still brand new in the bottle never been used. I didn't do the no hair products experiment on lace base system so it might not work out for lace wearer.
So rinsing more often would maybe lead to damage of the hair? I really want to try this with lace.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So rinsing more often would maybe lead to damage of the hair? I really want to try this with lace.

I believe using water is less harmful than using shampoo and conditioner for a hair system. Infrequently washing can help the hair system last longer. I would definitely wash more if I exposed to a dirty, dusty and pollution environment or if I traveling and hang out with smokers a lot.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I believe using water is less harmful than using shampoo and conditioner for a hair system. Infrequently washing can help the hair system last longer. I would definitely wash more if I exposed to a dirty, dusty and pollution environment or if I traveling and hang out with smokers a lot.
Why not wash with conditioner? Not actually scraping or anything, but just some water with good flow and then lay conditioner on the hair, wash rest of the body, then rinse it out? How can conditioner hurt? Make it more dirty and then needing washing more often?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not wash with conditioner? Not actually scraping or anything, but just some water with good flow and then lay conditioner on the hair, wash rest of the body, then rinse it out? How can conditioner hurt? Make it more dirty and then needing washing more often?
I still use a hair conditioner to wash the system sometime.