"Hair piece" versus Hair Transplant for NW3

SummerOf2010

Reaction score
I am on the fence between "hair system" versus hair transplant. hair transplant doctors say I'll get a good result from hair transplant. Wig/HairSystem makers say I have way to much hair loss and that only a "system" will give me the density I need.

On the hair transplant side I have consulted with: Bosley, Umar, Ziering, Rassman, H&W (feller has not gotten back to me)

On the Hair piece side I have consulted with Ferrel, Katz and William at HairForGuys

Each solution has tradeoffs (transplants create scars compromising a future headshave) ("systems" wreak havoc on the hair they are stuck to) (drugs can mess with endrochronolgy and can create issues far worse than hairloss)

- If I were NW6 with good sides I would do a custom piece.

- IF I were NW1 with thick hair I would do a hair transplant for sure

....but at NW3 with cotton candy like hair, I am right up the middle so its a tough call.

Any suggestions are more then welcome. I am looking to cultivate a "rocker" look and am not opposed to using concealers like dermatech, scarfs/hairbands, wefts or "clip ons" in the back if necessary (if a hair transplant can solve the recession in the temples.

I have posted some of my reviews of my consults in other posts but I will post a comperhnsive update on my meetings with all these people. With the exception of H&W, I actually met all the doctors and wigmakers listed above in person. Hopefully my pics help.I am on the fence and looking for an impartial opinion here.

Currently I lean twords 3500 strip with Hasson of H&W.[attachment=0:2jm6gxvn]scan0005.jpg[/attachment:2jm6gxvn]

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 238
  • scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 213
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 215