Hair piece only to cover hairline

Felya

Reaction score
1270456288_l.jpg

I don't want to spend over $1000 on an entire system to cover up my entire scalp when I still have hair over 80% of it. Frankly because I'm still a college student with insufficient funds to afford such a thing. I want a small piece or some sort of cosmetic cover up for when I go out and such.

454.jpg

Preferably a hairline similar to this.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Ive heard of people only using hair peices for the hairline...

SydneyAUS

Reaction score
Hey Felya

I'm 21 with a similar hairline issue and looking for the exact same solution. Hoping to find a quality hairline strip that blends in to give the illusion of a lower, straighter hairline. I'm sure there is something out there for us.

I've made appointments with a bunch of hair clinics next week so will let you know how I go!

Nick

PS: I'd hop on Finesteride as soon as possible. The density of your crown hair looks great and you don't want to lose that!

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
What you're talking about is entirely possible. When I first decided to start wearing a rug, I went with a small "strip" that filled in some of my temple recession and gave me a lower, straighter hairline. It was a good improvement, and a nice way to learn the ropes of hairpieces without having to shave my head. I later switched to a full piece, since I had extensive loss (covered back then with Prothik) and wanted to switch to a style that the Prothik wouldn't allow.

Hairpieces aren't for everyone, but they can be a blessing for the right person.

As for price, I'm a student as well. I order online for pretty cheap. My pieces are a bit pricier than most, since I order 17" hair (instead of the 4-6 inches that comes at the regular price), but I still only pay 250-300 for the most modern bases, with high-quality human hair at that length. I think I payed some where around 200 per piece when it was just a hairline strip.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
don't we all wish we had a hairline like that. You might want to condsider Rogaine or Propecia. I know it did some wonders on my hairline which was simular to yours. However, it does not work in all case. Some guys are just born with a high forehead. Good news is anyone can get a body like that guy if we work at it lol.

Felya

Reaction score
oDD_LotS said:
What you're talking about is entirely possible. When I first decided to start wearing a rug, I went with a small "strip" that filled in some of my temple recession and gave me a lower, straighter hairline. It was a good improvement, and a nice way to learn the ropes of hairpieces without having to shave my head. I later switched to a full piece, since I had extensive loss (covered back then with Prothik) and wanted to switch to a style that the Prothik wouldn't allow.

Hairpieces aren't for everyone, but they can be a blessing for the right person.

As for price, I'm a student as well. I order online for pretty cheap. My pieces are a bit pricier than most, since I order 17" hair (instead of the 4-6 inches that comes at the regular price), but I still only pay 250-300 for the most modern bases, with high-quality human hair at that length. I think I payed some where around 200 per piece when it was just a hairline strip.

Where did you order from?

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Those pieces were just standard SFS lace, as can be ordered from Toplace, Coolpiece, etc. I only have personal experience with Toplace, but have heard TONS of good stuff about a few other places. It's definitely something you want to do your homework on before ordering.