Hair Piece, Crown Only? Do These Exist And Are They Good?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always considered a hair transplant but I think it would require too many graphs, and I would be unable to achieve a 100% recovery to a full head of hair. As a result, I have been wondering about the possibilities when it comes to a hair piece just for my crown. I have a unique situation, I have a nearly entirely intact natural hairline but also very severe crown balding. If these exist I'm concerned how well it would blend into my natural hair. Thoughts? Does anyone know any links to similar cases? I'm in Massachusetts btw

hair.jpg

Last edited:

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes they do exist. You just need to find a supplier that will custom make it for you. I know the ones I use can so I'm assuming others will.

PM sent

a-ai

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always considered a hair transplant but I think it would require too many graphs, and I would be unable to achieve a 100% recovery to a full head of hair. As a result, I have been wondering about the possibilities when it comes to a hair piece just for my crown. I have a unique situation, I have a nearly entirely intact natural hairline but also very severe crown balding. If these exist I'm concerned how well it would blend into my natural hair. Thoughts? Does anyone know any links to similar cases? I'm in Massachusetts btw

View attachment 107366
Just wondering were you reached with your treatments after 2.5 years?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know your treatment history but your crown looks treatable to me with finasteride and min, especially oral min.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Consider yourself one of the lucky balders to still have that kind of hair up front. I would still try and salvage the crown with treatment such as Rogaine or even certain shampoos (Nizoral, Adegen)

If you can gain a little back, even more thickness, you can just throw some fibers back there and be good to go. Right now you're going down with the ship at that teetering point of the point of no return.