Hair Miniaturizing On The Big 3, Am I Done For?

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on the big 3 for a little over 6 months. I had my best regrowth at months 2-3. I came close to a NW1 again. Ever since then I've been slowly losing my gains and have had on and off scalp itchiness throughout the day. Right now there are miniaturized hairs all over my hair line including the peak. I'm definitely still miniaturizing and receding. Does this mean my male pattern baldness is just too strong? I started treatment right before my 21st birthday. Has anyone else had this experience with finasteride and had their hair stabilize after about a year or something?

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on the big 3 for a little over 6 months. I had my best regrowth at months 2-3. I came close to a NW1 again. Ever since then I've been slowly losing my gains and have had on and off scalp itchiness throughout the day. Right now there are miniaturized hairs all over my hair line including the peak. I'm definitely still miniaturizing and receding. Does this mean my male pattern baldness is just too strong? I started treatment right before my 21st birthday. Has anyone else had this experience with finasteride and had their hair stabilize after about a year or something?
Hi. I would say keep going for at least a year maybe two. The big three are the only really proven solutions but can take time to work. Also consider derma-rolling. Look for some good shampoos that will nourish the scalp. Do lots of research. This site has lots of information. Some people recommend revita shampoo, pura d 'or and others. Something like that might help create the right environment for hair growth.

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I would say keep going for at least a year maybe two. The big three are the only really proven solutions but can take time to work. Also consider derma-rolling. Look for some good shampoos that will nourish the scalp. Do lots of research. This site has lots of information. Some people recommend revita shampoo, pura d 'or and others. Something like that might help create the right environment for hair growth.

I actually dermaroll already once a week. Ya I guess theres nothing else i can do besides wait and see my results at 1 year. The only thing that's concerning is that I had great regrowth initially and now I'm slowly losing my gains. Like I don't see how it could get better at the year mark

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually dermaroll already once a week. Ya I guess theres nothing else i can do besides wait and see my results at 1 year. The only thing that's concerning is that I had great regrowth initially and now I'm slowly losing my gains. Like I don't see how it could get better at the year mark
Yeah does seem strange. I've read a lot of stories where people had mixed results for long periods then something started to work. The hard thing is it's an ongoing experiment and you don't know the result of what you're doing till later. Imho you're doing the right things.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only use nizoral every 2/3 days. Should I use shampoo as well?
I've read that you don't want to use nizoral too often. Once or twice a week I think. I use it once a week. You could use another shampoo or two on alternate days

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

When did you experience the most hair loss while on treatment? If it's right now after 5-6 months then it's a normal period to experience your 2nd minoxidil shed. If you have actually experienced regrowth at one point, great, then you are reacting positively to treatment and it could very well happen again. Just keep at it. Take a picture once a month, not to post here but to keep progress of your journey. It's a long process and it's tougher to notice improvement when you see your hair every day. See it like if you would have kids and their grandparents or relatives that might not get the chance to see your kids as often as you. They will be surprised how much they have grown since last time but to have any idea yourself, you probably need to draw lines on a wall. ;-)