Hair Max Laser Comb Fda approved

Airforce1

Reaction score
I was just watching the news when this laser comb came on. It had just recently been appoved by the fda to actually work! Intrigued by this i went on there website to check it out....is this thing for real? anyone on her has actually tried it. The comb cost $500 plus bucks? I dont want to be a sucker to shell out the money for some dumb comb with a laser on it? Whats everyone else think?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair max comb has been out but it's been proven that it is not as effective as propecia and Minoxidil as a hair loss treatment. It's strong points are that it improves the appearance of your existing hair and those vellous, miniaturized hairs actually improve in diameter and strength. Not worth 545 though.

beaner

Reaction score
I've seen these threads about the comb, but from my understanding it's only gotten FDA "clearance" and not approval....I'm assuming there is a difference such as the $500 million price tag. Now I've also heard that it is only "cleared" through the FDA to "improve hair growth and scalp condition" and cannot be touted as an actual hair loss treatmet. I'm not sure of the facts...anyone else?

G

i know that if it had equivalent approval to minoxidil and propecia that it would have been all over the news.

Caerus

Reaction score
I think it's probably crap. There are some much better developments though. Has anyone heard of those mice they could get to grow full hair with? That seemed pretty promising.

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Clearence and not approval. If they would have had approval, you guys probably would have said euh... they just had an approval, but not clearence... you guys make me laugh.
It has been studied in detail by FDA and stated by them of promoting hair growth, period. I just cant wait for someone here to say yeh.... FDA they dont know jack $hit about hair loss.
As for the picture on their web page.... does any of these picture show less hair than the one taken 6 month before ? At lease it has been successful for maintaining hair count isnt it ? How many of you guys see regrowth with finasteride ? As long as it can help to keep what ever you have now is a big plus isnt it ? Having regrowth with finasteride is ice on the cake. So why are you all bashing the comb ? To me it is working just as well if not better than finasteride. We can now add 1 to the big 3 IMO.

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf6/K060305.pdf

How many of you guys take finasteride and or minoxidil and still loose ground as for hair count ? IMO the hair comb is something to add to the big 3. One thing is sure is that it promote the blood flow to the scalp.

Have a nice day all and good succes.

beaner said:
I've seen these threads about the comb, but from my understanding it's only gotten FDA "clearance" and not approval....I'm assuming there is a difference such as the $500 million price tag. Now I've also heard that it is only "cleared" through the FDA to "improve hair growth and scalp condition" and cannot be touted as an actual hair loss treatmet. I'm not sure of the facts...anyone else?

beaner

Reaction score
grabber said:
Clearence and not approval. If they would have had approval, you guys probably would have said euh... they just had an approval, but not clearence... you guys make me laugh.
It has been studied in detail by FDA and stated by them of promoting hair growth, period. I just cant wait for someone here to say yeh.... FDA they dont know jack $hit about hair loss.
As for the picture on their web page.... does any of these picture show less hair than the one taken 6 month before ? At lease it has been successful for maintaining hair count isnt it ? How many of you guys see regrowth with finasteride ? As long as it can help to keep what ever you have now is a big plus isnt it ? Having regrowth with finasteride is ice on the cake. So why are you all bashing the comb ? To me it is working just as well if not better than finasteride. We can now add 1 to the big 3 IMO.

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf6/K060305.pdf

How many of you guys take finasteride and or minoxidil and still loose ground as for hair count ? IMO the hair comb is something to add to the big 3. One thing is sure is that it promote the blood flow to the scalp.

Have a nice day all and good succes.

beaner said:

I was just inquiring as to the difference betweed FDA approval and FDA clearance because there obviously is one. I'm not sure why that was taken as laser comb bashing.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont have the link but I did read on hairlosshelp in a feature about the comb that FDA clearance is given to medical devices and approval is given to drugs

barcafan

Reaction score
Well if theres a decent chance you can improve your hair/regrow new hair, i dont think 500$ is way too much to ask...What's the worst that can happen? You can return and if that doesnt work just sell it on e-bay or something...