Hair Loss: Worst NoFap Theory Ever

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dealing with hair loss is hard enough as it is already, and dealing with poor advise from non alopecia sufferers is beyond annoying. I do find poor advice bothersome not only with hair loss, but with anything else from those who do not have a general understanding about a certain subject. And even though I do find poor advise about hair loss bothersome, that's not what bothers me the most, it's the stupid unproven theories.

I am going to paraphrase the worst NoFap theory I have ever seen about hair loss, and it was actually posted somewhere here on HairLossTalk.com. So, I'm not kidding at all or joking around with what I'm going to paraphrase, and it actually went something like this:

----

"Not fapping will help your hair loss. It's not good to fap because if you do and especially if you do it before you go to bed, while you're sleeping, more DHT will be circulating in your body and more DHT will get stuck in the scalp, and there will be less blood flow to the hair follicles because of how DHT shaped the skulls of those with Androgenetic Alopecia which also causes less blood flow to the scalp. But if you have sex, DHT won't get stuck in the scalp because the thrusting during intercourse will keep DHT from attaching to the hair follicles because of more blood circulation."

----

What a horrible statement! It's theories like this one that hinder us from finding better treatment options and possible cures for alopecia.

For those who read this post, what do you think about how terrible the theory is?

----
Edit: I found the original post that I roughly paraphrased, here it is.

I read that masturbating at night, before bed is bad for hair health because when you masturbate, DHT is produced in the body. When you sleep, the DHT travels into the scalp and gets stuck there due to lower blood circulation during sleep. If you have sex at night, it's ok because your blood is pumping from all the pumping you did(haha) and the DHT doesn't get stuck in the scalp.

The post was made by voss224, who is now banned along with all the NoFap preachers.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maher should be banned for preaching this shit.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What I hate so much about nofap is the inference that all bald guys must be wankers who could only grow hair if they had enough will power not to touch themselves. Yeah, thats not a pretty damning theory right? If masterbation causes hairloss then ALL guys would be bald. But this kind of common sense thinking is more elusive for some folks here. For them, I think it is about wanting to feel in control... as if there is something they can do, or not do in this case that will somehow make a difference. Silly? You bet. Just like lazers, scalp massage and natural homeopathic remedies... its all snake oil. The hairloss industry is still very much planted in the dark ages.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
What I hate so much about nofap is the inference that all bald guys must be wankers who could only grow hair if they had enough will power not to touch themselves. Yeah, thats not a pretty damning theory right?

It is an effed up theory and that's why the guys that are pushing Nofap usually have a full head of hair. When the general public latches onto **** like this these Nofap promoters can hide behind their full heads of hair and take comfort knowing that most people will not lump them in with bald/balding guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Maher should be banned for preaching this shit.

Him or anybody else preaching this garbage.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
*Bump*

I forgot about this thread.

I found the original post that I roughly paraphrased, here it is.

I read that masturbating at night, before bed is bad for hair health because when you masturbate, DHT is produced in the body. When you sleep, the DHT travels into the scalp and gets stuck there due to lower blood circulation during sleep. If you have sex at night, it's ok because your blood is pumping from all the pumping you did(haha) and the DHT doesn't get stuck in the scalp.

The post was made by voss224, who is now banned along with all the NoFap preachers. I thought I'd share the original post now that I found it.

To Admin and/or Moderators who see this post, please delete all posts made by 'maher', 'mr the hairy monkey', 'Lollerme' and all the banned members that had more than one red bar to prevent possible guests and new members who are looking at their posts and take their false information as genuine advice for treating hair loss.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Just when I was starting to forget about this nonsense...

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just when I was starting to forget about this nonsense...

I still run into the nonsense when I'm look through old threads, which is why any NoFap promoting posts and threads should all get deleted permanently. This forum is about hair loss and treating it, not about telling others to refrain from masturbation.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, Forestlawn has been banned too

I'm aware of that as well. He was a full-blown NW1 who said that wanted to 'help', though didn't help.

It looks the ban-hammer is being laid down hard lately, since there really hasn't been much trolling and misinformation going on here for the past month.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
*Bump*

I forgot about this thread.

I found the original post that I roughly paraphrased, here it is.

The post was made by voss224, who is now banned along with all the NoFap preachers. I thought I'd share the original post now that I found it.

To Admin and/or Moderators who see this post, please delete all posts made by 'maher', 'mr the hairy monkey', 'Lollerme' and all the banned members that had more than one red bar to prevent possible guests and new members who are looking at their posts and take their false information as genuine advice for treating hair loss.

Ok, nofap "theory" is bull****, i agree, but i don';t get, why putting so much attention in it?
I mean, there are many other pseudo-theories exposed here, yet for none of them the reactions are so exagerate, as to request complete erasing of some user's posts from the forum. I don't get it, why is this nofap so offensive to you?

Prevent people from what? From fapping? It's ridiculous. I don't see any harm done.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, nofap "theory" is bull****, i agree, but i don';t get, why putting so much attention in it?
I mean, there are many other pseudo-theories exposed here, yet for none of them the reactions are so exagerate, as to request complete erasing of some user's posts from the forum. I don't get it, why is this nofap so offensive to you?

Prevent people from what? From fapping? It's ridiculous. I don't see any harm done.

I believe that it would be a good idea to erase all the posts and threads related to the topic that were created by the NoFap preachers. It would be best to do so to prevent the possibility of new guests and new members from taking their misinformation as legitimate advice for treating hair loss. I'm also sure that there have been Androgenetic Alopecia suffers who lost hair because of their false posts.

It's not only about the misinformation about NoFap that they spread, it's with many other things as well.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
We all know those theories are b.s. The real no-fap theory is as follows: when you fap all of the blood flows to your peepee and your hand you're jerking off with, thus there is no blood bringing nutrients to your hair, so all the follicles die. Also, when you c*m, all that glorious protein goes shooting out of your anaconda, and not into your hair, making it weaker.

Also there is the "know-fap" theory. Know-fap is a theory that asserts that all men lose heir when they fap because they don't know how to properly fap. Thus, to keep your hair, you must "know-fap," i.e. properly masturbate. For us know-fappers, we have become experts on the process, vis-a-vis knowing where to put the ejaculate. When we finish, we aim and shoot high up in the air, and catch it on our scalp, thus saving all that glorious protein for our hair.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
We all know those theories are b.s. The real no-fap theory is as follows: when you fap all of the blood flows to your peepee and your hand you're jerking off with, thus there is no blood bringing nutrients to your hair, so all the follicles die. Also, when you c*m, all that glorious protein goes shooting out of your anaconda, and not into your hair, making it weaker.

Also there is the "know-fap" theory. Know-fap is a theory that asserts that all men lose heir when they fap because they don't know how to properly fap. Thus, to keep your hair, you must "know-fap," i.e. properly masturbate. For us know-fappers, we have become experts on the process, vis-a-vis knowing where to put the ejaculate. When we finish, we aim and shoot high up in the air, and catch it on our scalp, thus saving all that glorious protein for our hair.

Excuse me, that's just...gross...
No, as i know, the "theory" is that masturbation creates a quick raise in DHT. It has never been proved, but not disproved, either.
And, what's more important, stopping masturbation didn't help anyone regrow hair, at least i haven't seen such case, documented with pictures.
But...the theory about the connection between sex and hairloss is not that absurd. After all, the male hormones are implied in both "processes".
And, with all respect, excessive fapping(promoters of fap theory, as i know, speak about excessive masturbation) may not be good at all, mentally and phisically.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
How more exactly?? Did they lose hair? By no-fapping?

Individuals continuing to lose hair due to Androgenetic Alopecia from improper treatment. I'm talking about people who aren't aware of legitimate treatment options and then they read the false information that NoFap will help with hair loss. That's why I think all the posts and threads promoting NoFap as a hair loss treatment should get deleted because it's misleading and is also irrelevant to the forum.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
Excuse me, that's just...gross...
No, as i know, the "theory" is that masturbation creates a quick raise in DHT. It has never been proved, but not disproved, either.
And, what's more important, stopping masturbation didn't help anyone regrow hair, at least i haven't seen such case, documented with pictures.
But...the theory about the connection between sex and hairloss is not that absurd. After all, the male hormones are implied in both "processes".
And, with all respect, excessive fapping(promoters of fap theory, as i know, speak about excessive masturbation) may not be good at all, mentally and phisically.

Have you heard the theory of satire? What about sarcasm?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I'm aware of that as well. He was a full-blown NW1 who said that wanted to 'help', though didn't help.

He was a full blown troll who got exposed for what he was. He deserved what he got. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before he comes back.

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
Im not saying either is true or false...but people who quickly dismiss the no fap theory forget one very particular detail to the response "if masturbating caused hairloss everyone would be bald" first of all there is alot of hairloss in our country and in the world for that matter across nations so hairloss IS a mass problem.secondly not Everyone is sensitive to the effects of dht and genetic hairloss. For those that are, fapping might just be the thing that is making hair transplant worse. Think about it. Pre-teens and children do not have hairloss (majority of healthy children) the problems of hairloss come at puberty,what else comes with puberty? MASTURBATION our sexual hormones are indirectly and probably directly linked to our hair loss somehow. Biologicaly it makes sense, someone that has more sex can potentially be a negative for other mates, disease excess children old age, these are evolutions way of signaling females this male has been around the block So Watchout! its like the Mileage on a car! It could also signal wisdom and experience in a Tribe regardless its defenetely an evolutionary signal or a genetic disorder depending how YOU look at it but the body is indiferrent to Your opinion.Even if you havent had alot of sexual partners this is carried in our genes from time immemorial and some males have a susceptibility to this. In my own personal experience no fapping for a few days does make my hair and especially scalp feel way better. If you dont want to make the choice of no fapping for hair thats respectable but just because you dont see it as a benefit and find it idiotic to choose no fap vs sex it Doesnt change the fact that it is a potential cause of the hair transplant problem. Your trying to change the reality of the situation to suit your lifestyle,and the fact of the matter is our bodies are constantly being affected by our lifestyle choices, what we eat exercise sex or lack off..any thing in excess is bad. All im saying keep an open mind. For all you know you beating off for years and years and years is what has worsen your hairloss and never even thought about it cus it Feelllsss ooohh so gooddd..just sayin