Votes: 76 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 59.4%

• Total voters

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every single Yes voter in every such thread before yours has been burned.
But for example 4-5 years ago, all everyone had to look forward to was some brotzu lotion, some "hair stimulating complex" with photoshopped results, jak inhibitors, "shiseido 2018", "tsuji 2019" and random hair cell studies/developments, which didn't demonstrate any results in studies.

I'm very optimistic about current drugs like HMI, pyrilutamide, wnt & others though. Now there are many known hair loss pathways that can be targeted, instead of throwing sh*t at the wall to see what sticks.

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
L’Oréal research is really exciting. But they and tissue are more interested in human skin oraganoid. That can really help speed up the research still. Hair cloning have been proven and now efficiently with dr tsujis last paper but how is the quality of the hair. This is not clear yet
Yeah that's also the only thing I'm afraid of.. how will it look cosmetically? I'm pretty sure it can be done in the near future but if it just looks bad that doesn't help in any way..

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
But for example 4-5 years ago, all everyone had to look forward to was some brotzu lotion, some "hair stimulating complex" with photoshopped results, jak inhibitors, "shiseido 2018", "tsuji 2019" and random hair cell studies/developments, which didn't demonstrate any results in studies.

I'm very optimistic about current drugs like HMI, pyrilutamide, wnt & others though. Now there are many known hair loss pathways that can be targeted, instead of throwing sh*t at the wall to see what sticks.
I think the difference is probably the two big "cloning" companies (Stemson & Tsuji) have basically finished their pre-clinical research and are moving to humans. If you count cloning & surgical replacement as a "cure" then this was always going to be the dark horse that could have ended it rather then hoping the Nth pathway was the one that would finally yield results.

You have to remember that research and development into this type of thing is not a linear process. The 5 years before this year did not yield an equal amount of progress as the next 5 will. It could be less of course, but in a field as broad as hairloss that's a weak chance.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's also the only thing I'm afraid of.. how will it look cosmetically? I'm pretty sure it can be done in the near future but if it just looks bad that doesn't help in any way..
Seeing that it's a cosmetic procedure, if the quality isn't nearly identical then the procedure is useless from a business/commercial perspective. Even for beards, people are not going to want awful quality hair sprouting out of their faces.

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Antibody therapy, miRNA treatments, small lmolecule wnt agonists, AR degraders, all of these are real cutting edge technologies going through phase 2 trials right now. I think in 5 years there's a pretty good chance I'll be slathering some KY, HMI, and kintor special sauce on my head and looking like Jason Momoa (minus the muscle and good looks)

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Antibody therapy, miRNA treatments, small lmolecule wnt agonists, AR degraders, all of these are real cutting edge technologies going through phase 2 trials right now. I think in 5 years there's a pretty good chance I'll be slathering some KY, HMI, and kintor special sauce on my head and looking like Jason Momoa (minus the muscle and good looks)
all development from asia

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Asia will dominate the world soon. 20 years ago US GDP was 10x that of China, now they are almost even. The West has gotten complacent and is focused on social issues while China is taking over everything.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't believe the number of no votes. People have been beaten down so much they've lost all faith. I actually think it will be closer to five years.

HMI-115 will be out in three years. Tsuji could be out in three years, same with Tissuse. Stemson was ten years away before they even formed Stemson. Loreal hair printing is about 10 years away. We have R-spondin agonists in development. Gene editing is almost ready for prime time. Big things are coming.
I’ve been watching gene editing for a while as my son has severe hemophilia. Crazy how fast that is coming!

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Asia is dominating the west in terms of speed of technological and medical innovation. They have looser safety standards and quicker access to the commercial market. The FDA & Euro has become a cluster f*** of bureaucracy and monopoly protectors for the big companies.

You think people with hair loss have suffered? Think about the decade or longer blockage against stem cell research & gene therapies from conservatives outrage in the USA and how many lives could have been saved or meaningfully altered.

Last edited:

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
L’Oréal research is really exciting. But they and tissue are more interested in human skin oraganoid. That can really help speed up the research still. Hair cloning have been proven and now efficiently with dr tsujis last paper but how is the quality of the hair. This is not clear yet

Yep. I was wondering why L'Oreal is not being discussed in this section. They are huge and have a lot of money to finance their 3D hair printing.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep. I was wondering why L'Oreal is not being discussed in this section. They are huge and have a lot of money to finance their 3D hair printing.
It was probably talked about but they haven't announced much so there isn't much to discuss at the moment. They haven't even mentioned whether they'll be taking their work further.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't believe the number of no votes. People have been beaten down so much they've lost all faith. I actually think it will be closer to five years.

HMI-115 will be out in three years. Tsuji could be out in three years, same with Tissuse. Stemson was ten years away before they even formed Stemson. Loreal hair printing is about 10 years away. We have R-spondin agonists in development. Gene editing is almost ready for prime time. Big things are coming.
I agree with you with everything but Tissuse. If we're lucky Jon Knight might announce preclinical trials on minipigs by 2030.

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score

Agreed, there are a lot of exciting things in the pipeline to keep an eye on.

I think these are good threads to have every now and then especially as we get more lurkers and members reading the New Research section hoping for news of a magic cure its helpful to summarize things in context.

It's also good to put the last few years in perspective as we see more developments and new things entering the pipeline.

To the me a telling sign that good things are on the horizon is the growing variety of treatments based on already proven stuff and the fact they are more readily available than ever.
It's amazing you can get mail order finasteride and minoxidil from places like Hims or Keeps, DS Labs is selling derma rollers (crazy i know) and promoting their use, strutyours is selling finasteride hair gel and the choi peptide even popped up on my insta feed.

All of these services and compounding companies coming out of woodwork points to an increased interest in the market towards at least providing options for hair loss and hopefully that adds to the momentum of a real cure in the next 10.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you consider a cure? 12 month treatment + maintenance regime (like transplant?) or single permanent treatment?
I consider a cure full norwood 1 with perfect density. It doesn't have to be a single treatment, it could be a PRLR antagonist+Wnt agonist+AR antagonist, or just a single hair multiplication session. We're talking full reversal here. I think it's mostly possible pharmacologically for most people.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

H

Reaction score
Change my mind.
Your making the claim so what arguments do you have that would assert that it will be? You can't say it's because companies are working on it because that's fluff and you can't go by companies promises. The best argument would be from insider knowledge maybe or something that hasn't been put forth before and pretty much everything has or legit pictures of a full Norwood reversal full density without any lighting manipulation or corrections. Otherwise this is taken on faith which then is pointless discussing since you really can't change someone's magical thinking they can adjust it to fit whatever beliefs they want.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your making the claim so what arguments do you have that would assert that it will be? You can't say it's because companies are working on it because that's fluff and you can't go by companies promises. The best argument would be from insider knowledge maybe or something that hasn't been put forth before and pretty much everything has or legit pictures of a full Norwood reversal full density without any lighting manipulation or corrections. Otherwise this is taken on faith which then is pointless discussing since you really can't change someone's magical thinking they can adjust it to fit whatever beliefs they want.
I suppose if you just look on the surface, but if you look into the mechanisms of A.G.A., and then look at the development of different treatments the pipeline is far more promising than ever. But you're right, you can't change someone's thinking when all they want to do is judge based on past failures without taking into account technological advancements and the merits of the new treatments.