Hair Loss Treatment Plan - Feedback Please!

Nessa

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was diagnosed with androgenic alopecia by my dermatologist about 5 years or so. I was prescribed spironolactone but had to stop taking it after about a year or so as it made me constipated (it's a diuretic) and I didn't notice any positive effects on my hair.

Now, a few years later, in my late 20's, I've decided to take control of this myself. I've had consultations at Advanced Hair Studio and Ashley & Martin but after researching other options online I've decided to try DIY it and save my money.

Below is my the treatment plan I'm looking to use - could you all please provide any feedback/criticism?

- Brenda 35 birth control pill (been on this for years)
- Minoxidil foam 5%
- Alternate between Nizoral 1% shampoo and Pura D'Or Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo
- Pura D'Or Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner
- Multivitamin with 'DHT blocker' (saw palmetto etc.)
- Weekly 1mm dermaroller treatments followed by castor or rosemary oil (will not use minoxidil same day)

- considering addition of topical spironolactone (S5)
- considering rinsing my hair with apple cider vinegar as well...not sure if worth it
- Snack on pumpkin seeds, try to drink green tea.
- Gently massage/brush hair daily

Currently I am only using Brenda 35 and anti-dandruff shampoo. My hair loss isn't super drastic, it mostly just makes my hair look really flat, but if I stand under direct light it is pretty noticeable.

Thank you in advance! Any feedback you can provide will be really appreciated!!

priyanka j

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Nessa, Your treatment plan is quite good moreover I would like to add a few home remedies which helped my hair to grow longer shinner and stronger.
- Garlic & coconut oil
- Gooseberries & lemon juice
- Egg white & olive oil
- Onion juice, aloe vera & Olive oil.
And my personal recommendation for anti-dandruff shampoo is zinc pyrithione better known as ZPTO. If you want me to help me the home remedies please let me know i will be happy to help you :)