Hair loss, thinning or is this a normal hair whorl?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Things to know: I am on accutane at the moment and noticed that my hair is thinner while on the medication. Overall though i have thin hair naturally. I have noticed my hair falling in the shower. (maybe 20 strands) But i am more worried about my crown. I have always had a cowlick but i think its getting thinner. Could this be the accutane or is this normal? IMG_5088.jpgIMG_1845.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone please help?

- - - Updated - - -

Could anyone please give me any information on what this might be?

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Brother the only way to tell would be to stop Accutane for awhile and see how things pan out. I doubt you want to do that though. I think the flash plus your jet black hair make it appear worse than it is. Getting a hair cut would make it look a lot better. If you do have male pattern baldness, crown lose is pretty easy to treat.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is my second course and i have noticed that my hair is so dry and thinner while on accutane, but my treatment is almost done thankfully. I hopefully think its just the medications side effect and it subsides after my course. I do notice in the shower i probably lose about 20 hairs daily, is this normal? :wow:

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people lose 10 and still go bald others lose 50 and they are fine. You can only base it on finding miniaturized hairs on your head.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it looks normal. if you would cut your hair short you wouldnt see anything

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If i lost only 20 hairs per day id never lose density in my life.

Im also taking accutane again but maybe i stop it because dont want to risk it with hair. The sebum works as a moisturizer and this causes the hair to weaken and break and look thinner or more unhealthy...

What does did u do? I was advised microdose 10 mg every 2 days...
I took accutane for 6 months in 2013 60mg ed for six months. I got really bad Telogen Effluvium but recovered

jazz1

Reaction score
Seems great, take better pictures as a hard to tell…..