hair loss sucks. Its all about damage limitation folks.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
The above is the reality. Noone wants to be bald. There are a few exceptions that shave their heads (without male pattern baldness) and that's their look, but for the most part, male pattern baldness sufferers are just that - sufferer; victims.

I f*****g hate it. Honestly if this sh*t hit me at 35 years of age well thats one thing, but ive been fighting it since ive been 20 (im now 24) and i can say its a factor in my life. So far it hasn't caused me any problems with women etc (my hair loss is noticable - diffuse, but since my hair is thin when i style it i can still look quite good albeit with alot of effort.

So as i said, its all about damage limitation. This is what propecia is all about. Slowing things down, hoping you can maintain or atleast stifle male pattern baldness's evil tracks. However, for most diffuse thinners like me the sad reality is that one day you'll be that bald guy either with the awful hair-do that tries to hide it, or shaved which very possibly doesn't suit you.

The reality is you will lose ATLEAST a point on your looks, probably a 1.5. You can mitigate this with other things like being fit, having good skin, white teeth etc etc. These are things we should all choose to do.

I will fight this battle to the end. But seriously, if it gets to the point its stops me from meeting the type of girl i want to marry i'll be seriously devastated. Thats the only element of hair loss that bothers me. The ONLY one. Right now im doing well with the ladies - very well in fact, in terms of options. But as my hair loss progresses i anticipate this will slow down (note, i wont act any differently but i bet they will). This is the ONLY true concern you guys should have. It wont change your relationships with friends, family or coworkers unless you let it. Often it weakens people's personalities and that happens accordingly but it is not a direct effect unlike the ladies problem.

Seriously, if i reach the situation where i feel i have to "settle" for a girl because my hair loss stifled me, that's where i'll become bitter. I pray to God that never happens me and i hope nooone on here is experiencing this currently, because that is sad. I could cry thinking about this because deep down in the long run i want to find the girl of my dreams and share all my success (good job, nice home, family etc) with her. That's how i am. I also have high standards because...well....i always have had.

Sorry guys i know this post hasn't much direction beyond how im feeling right now, but basically this male pattern baldness feels like a decay in my mind in that know its SLOWLY and INEVITABLY eating away at my scalp and my looks. People who havent experienced male pattern baldness really cant imagine what its like to know year by year you will become less attractive. Like seriously, wtf?

Ill fight to the end , im confident i can overcome the hurdles but my main gripe is that im in a fight i really shouldn't be in. Im worrying about something that most people dont even understand (but yet react to in a ignorant manner). I guess its a pretty lonely place.

Brothers, chin up and keep fighting. We are bigger than this, we can beat this injustice so cruely served on us.....i hope.

:/

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
At least we have a place like this to talk about these things. It's good to see you are being realistic.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
I will fight this battle to the end. But seriously, if it gets to the point its stops me from meeting the type of girl i want to marry i'll be seriously devastated. Thats the only element of hair loss that bothers me. The ONLY one.

That is what I feel most terrible about aswell. I think about this every single day. But I keep calming myself that I have a long time left for this. So hopefully things will change. If Im 30 and still think like this I will kill myself.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate thinking about the future and being optimistic, but still having that nagging thought of "how bald will I be by then?" The only way I can counteract that is to think that I will just f*** it and get a hair transplant at 30.

It is absolutely ridiculous to think that there are so many men out there who don't have to deal with this. The 50-year-olds with NW1s who have taken their hair for granted their entire life. Just a wall of hair into old age. No weakness on their monkey hairlines - agh. Meanwhile, the vast majority of us on this site have worse hair while only in our early 20's. And have to fight daily with styling, treatments, depression, etc.

Walking around campus is a joke - it's like I get my hair loss thrown into my face. It's rare to see anyone with a NW2, let alone be completely bald. My heart goes out to those guys because I couldn't do it at my age. I would be so consumed with jealousy, being the young bald guy while literally everyone around me had NW1s.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel. Im 25 and have been battling hairloss since i was 18. I only took action towards my hairloss at 20 begining with minoxidl and then many other treatments. I too could hide my hairloss by styling my hair and growing my fring out to hide my hairline. Unfortunatelly many of these treatments had bad side effects and i had to quit. Now all i can hope for is concealing my hairloss with hair concealer with nothing to stop it. Its starting to get bad. It was only a year ago i could still get away with hiding my hairloss and now i cant. My advice to you is try everything to prevent further hairloss as it picks up pretty quick. Its certainly stepped up a gear with me. You may get side effects from treatments or you may not everyone is different, but its certainly worth a trying. I wish you luck and if things dont work out you can go on the hair concealer road like me until a more effective hairloss treatment comes out like histogen.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Few words are more depressing than the word limitation. Particularly when it comes to a subject like hair loss.

Nene

Reaction score
Yeah man, it sucks. I've been feeling better about it lately though. My whole life I've kept my hair short, like a 2 or 3. I was having to grow it longer to try and hide my temples but I decided to buzz the sh*t off and be done with it. I don't like being bald and I wish I still had hair, but this alleviates the anxiety that thick and thin was talking about. Constantly worrying about "how bald will I be?" when I graduate, when I'm 30, when I get married. Screw that, I already know the answer, I'll be bald like I am now. If people don't like me cause I'm bald, then f*** EM.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Nene said:
Yeah man, it sucks. I've been feeling better about it lately though. My whole life I've kept my hair short, like a 2 or 3. I was having to grow it longer to try and hide my temples but I decided to buzz the sh*t off and be done with it. I don't like being bald and I wish I still had hair, but this alleviates the anxiety that thick and thin was talking about. Constantly worrying about "how bald will I be?" when I graduate, when I'm 30, when I get married. Screw that, I already know the answer, I'll be bald like I am now. If people don't like me cause I'm bald, then f*ck EM.
I don't mean to sound like a stickler, but temple recession does not equal bald, even if you shave off all your hair. Unless your hairloss has since progressed to at least an nw5 then you are not yet (nor may ever be) truly bald. There is a fundemental difference between an NW2 like T&T (hair on top of head) and an NW5 going on 6 (very little to no hair on top of head). Sure, it may suck being an advanced norwood 2 when almost everyone in your age group has perfect hair, but it is not the same thing as being bald. By the time I was 23, I had less than 50% diffuse (very visable) horseshoe. Try going to college like that. That's why I dropped out. I just couldn't take the pressure.

Britannia

Reaction score
Hello Colin. Ive destroyed people for posting tripe like that in the past, however the new Britannia is going to use his compansionate side more and you shall be my first "pupil" in the great Britannia school of life.

I dont know you, so all I have to go on is your post. I read it with great interest, since you remind me of myself 4 years back. Oh I was a fool back then; my hairloss was my eternal thorn in my metaphorical side. Like a tumour spreading a cancer of anxiety and insecurity, unstoppable and unrelentless in its almost spiteful pursuit of my confidence and sense of identity. This the sort of thing you can relate to? It should. You think you are the first young male to worry about the effects of hairloss on womanising? You shouldnt.
The simple truth is that hairloss is not necessarily unattractive, in fact the real world happily demonstrates the complete opposite. Indeed doing a simple bit of research yourself will confirm. However (and this is such a huge however it did deserve the bold text there) lack of confidence is universally unattractive. In fact it is effectively ugliness. Your problem is going to be this:

You fret over your hairloss --> You lose confidence --> You become less attractive as a result --> You blame hairloss for your unattractiveness --> You fret about hairloss more...............

And there it is!! The simple truth. The vicious circle that like a spherical saw of anxiety cut into the very fabric of my life. If only I knew back then what I knew today I would have cut out 2 or 3 years of needless hell.
CONFIDENCE. Such a simple word to say. To type. To read. Yet this simple word is the key to everything - from success financially, to having a great social life, to womanising, to that warm sense of self-esteem you may or may not have been fortunate to experience in your current hair-filled life. Before my hairloss nightmare began, I was sailing through life, confident to an extreme I was occasionally branded with the arrogant stamp. But with confidence and self-esteem so high, why would I care?
So when the evil little bastard hairloss came along and started to take away my confidence and therefore everything I valued in life, I did what every young male does. I began to panic. Then I did something that not every young male does. I went looking for help. This forum, self help books, the seduction community and pretty much anyone who would lend me a listening ear. And I slowly learned that losing hair is nothing. Losing confidence is everything. So one day I just snapped and decided to take control back. I wasnt going to scarifice the lifestyle I worked so hard for and so longed for over something as daft as hairloss. Here was my recovery story:

My first step to recovery was realising you arent going to stop hairloss. But you can control it. I researched more than you could ever imagine. I went to depths most hairloss folk couldnt comprehend. And you know what conclusions I came to? Finasteride. 1mg. Branded or generic. Nothing more nothing less. So this was the regieme I began, and continue to this very day with epic success (but Ill save that for another day).

Secondly, I realised one aspect of appearence may be out of my control (well in fact it is now under control but less that optimal!), but that is was just one aspect. So I super-over compensated for hairloss by improving everything else. I have a religious gym routine and have a spectacular body accordingly. I have the best skin I could possibly have. I have white teeth. I dress and style myself to a standard that outclasses most males in my area. All other aspects of my appearence are absolutely perfect, and believe me, BELIEVE ME, if you optimise the things about your appearence that are under your control then hairloss suddenly becomes no issue. Try it. You have nothing to lose.

Thirdly I "handled" all other areas of my life, be it financially, socially, mentally, spiritually, and many other "ally's". I excelled in my profession. I expanded social horizons. I travelled. I lived in Greece. I climbed Ben Nevis because I was bored one weekend. I built a lifestyle that fuelled confidence. They fuelled each other. Im now more confident and successful than before my hairloss even began. The first step is to identify that vicious circle killing your confidence. Do it now. Destroy that son of a b**ch before it destroys you. Dont make my mistake. I wasted two years of life I will never get back. It is upto you my friend.

I wish you well.

cuebald

Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh:

How come the overweight NW6 (23 year old) I know, who is naturally a "jolly fat guy", very extroverted, gets mediocre attention from women?
While the depressive, slightly shy NW1 I know (same age) who has wavy sandy hair gets women when they just look at him?

I am somewhere in between. I know my attractiveness fades with each falling follicle.
Now I am not saying being a nervous wreck is attractive - what I am saying is that misplaced confidence is not a panacea when it comes to getting women.

If a very confident but very large woman came onto you, would you be as attracted to her as you would be to her pretty but quiet friend?

My goal is to become one of those athletic type baldies you see. The sporty ones, rather than the beefcake ones. Baldness works better if you're taller and have more masculine features. I am smaller and have more feminine features. Damn.
Also, I don't mope about it all day. I am generally cheerful in work. The purpose of this forum is to b**ch about how baldness sucks - and it does suck.

cruz

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I hate thinking about the future and being optimistic, but still having that nagging thought of "how bald will I be by then?"

LMAO, that is me all over. Infact, I probably take it a step further as whenever I imagine the future, be it a year, 2 years or even 10 years time, I ALWAYS picture myself with a bald head. This despite that fact that my hairloss has been relatively quite slow (Norwood 2.5 now).

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
[...]

I will fight this battle to the end.

[...]

Well said. I've been fighting this battle for over 15 years (today I'm 33 y.o.) and I'm really proud of my results.

My hair is far from perfect, I'm a NW2 but I'm not bald and never will be. And I only have myself to thank for that. I deserve my hair! I've invested a lot of time and money to find the best treatment and I was probably one of the first men to try Proscar for hair loss.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Congrats mate

sadly mines more agressive than yours by the sounds of it

what is your regime?

baldo

Reaction score
Nene said:
Yeah man, it sucks. I've been feeling better about it lately though. My whole life I've kept my hair short, like a 2 or 3. I was having to grow it longer to try and hide my temples but I decided to buzz the sh*t off and be done with it. I don't like being bald and I wish I still had hair, but this alleviates the anxiety that thick and thin was talking about. Constantly worrying about "how bald will I be?" when I graduate, when I'm 30, when I get married. Screw that, I already know the answer, I'll be bald like I am now. If people don't like me cause I'm bald, then f*ck EM.
excellent!

moonbase

Reaction score
22 myself. I had terrible acne from about 12->19.. pretty bad scarring afterwards too. I did everything I could to fix those issues and I finally did. Now i'm balding... sh*t can I not get a break here? I have a girlfriend but I really dont think she's the one for me.. now I often ask myself.. should I just take what I can get cause I doubt I'll have the confidence or looks to even find misses right.