Hair Loss Situation Much Worse Than I Had Thought- Is There Hope For Me? (26 Years Old)

seb_26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my hair cut around a week ago, and was mortified to see how far my hairline had receded and how thin my hair was on the top. It really is as if it happened overnight or something, I had very little idea that it looked so bad. Ever since then I have been poring over all the information I can find online to try and come up with a plan of action.

I was aware that the bald patch on my crown was worsening, which obviously isn't great, but my hairline is what concerns me the most by far, and what I am most determined to reverse if possible.

Any advice? Is there a possibility of regrowth specifically in terms of my hairline?

Attachments

• IMAG0156.jpg
    IMAG0156.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 303
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMAG0185.jpg
    IMAG0185.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 320
  • IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 313

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, maintaining should be your only priority at your hair loss extent; contemplate hair transplant.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just hop on the big 3 (propecia, minoxidil, nizorol shampoo) for a year and see what happens.You should also look into dermarolling. You should have started treating this at least 5 years ago. Hair transplant is an option but I don't think you care enough about it to do that right considering you left it for so long and also it looks like this is not your final pattern. What is your family history of hairloss? Did your dad go bald at a young age too?

If I was in your position, I would just shave that sh*t off and get an SMP and never look back. You are too far gone in my opinion but doesn't hurt to try.

seb_26

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, maintaining should be your only priority at your hair loss extent; contemplate hair transplant.

It hurt to read, but thanks for your honesty.

Just hop on the big 3 (propecia, minoxidil, nizorol shampoo) for a year and see what happens.You should also look into dermarolling. You should have started treating this at least 5 years ago. Hair transplant is an option but I don't think you care enough about it to do that right considering you left it for so long and also it looks like this is not your final pattern. What is your family history of hairloss? Did your dad go bald at a young age too?

If I was in your position, I would just shave that sh*t off and get an SMP and never look back. You are too far gone in my opinion but doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I was considering minoxidil and nizorol at the very least. Will look into dermarolling.The horror stories about sides have given me misgivings about propecia, but I guess in my position half-measures really aren't going to cut it at all. A hair transplant could be something I would consider in future, potentially. I didn't care enough when it was just a bald patch which could be covered reasonably well, but my hairline looks terrible now and has accelerated really quickly, so that has changed how I think about it. I should have acted sooner, only have myself to blame.

I think there is a history of baldness/early hair loss in my family, although perhaps not quite this bad this early..

g.i joey

Reaction score
If you want any glimmer of hope at getting any progress in your situation you should consider finasteride first and everything else shoukdncompliment it. If you’re an extraordinary responder you can probably make somewhat of a comeback

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
It hurt to read, but thanks for your honesty.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I was considering minoxidil and nizorol at the very least. Will look into dermarolling.The horror stories about sides have given me misgivings about propecia, but I guess in my position half-measures really aren't going to cut it at all. A hair transplant could be something I would consider in future, potentially. I didn't care enough when it was just a bald patch which could be covered reasonably well, but my hairline looks terrible now and has accelerated really quickly, so that has changed how I think about it. I should have acted sooner, only have myself to blame.

I think there is a history of baldness/early hair loss in my family, although perhaps not quite this bad this early..

In your position I wouldnt even bother fighting it with treatments bro. I think you should look into an SMP if you like the look.

seb_26

My Regimen
Reaction score
In your position I wouldnt even bother fighting it with treatments bro. I think you should look into an SMP if you like the look.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards at least giving it a go with the big three. If I could just rewind the way it looks about six months I'd be happy enough with that. I think part of the reason it looks so bad in those pictures is that it had just been cut- shorter than it should have been.

I'll look into SMP some more, from a quick google search it's hard to know how well it would suit me.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the moment, I'm leaning towards at least giving it a go with the big three. If I could just rewind the way it looks about six months I'd be happy enough with that. I think part of the reason it looks so bad in those pictures is that it had just been cut- shorter than it should have been.

I'll look into SMP some more, from a quick google search it's hard to know how well it would suit me.

When did you start losing it? At like 18 right? If maintenance is your goal the big 3 will definitely do that for you. Most people on the big 3 usually get some slight regrowth and then either maintenance or a significant slow down in hairloss.

seb_26

My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you start losing it? At like 18 right? If maintenance is your goal the big 3 will definitely do that for you. Most people on the big 3 usually get some slight regrowth and then either maintenance or a significant slow down in hairloss.

Yeah, around 18/19 I think. Only seems to have really accelerated in the last year, in terms of the hairline. I wouldn't really be happy with maintaining it as it is right now, but if I grow it out longer for a few months it may look better, I'm not sure to what extent the haircut is making it look worse. That + whatever regrowth is possible (hopefully the front/hairline, although I've read that is more difficult) and maintenance might be worth trying at least.