Hair Loss Revolution - What't The Consensus On This Guy

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with "Hair Loss Revolution" - This Will Hartfield guy
Basically appears to have his own product line and a "guide book" type theory - promoting a completely natural alternative to stop shedding and facilitate regrowth

Has a product "grogenix", Scalp Elixir, Shampoo based on Caffeine and some sort of supplement. Along with this he has meal plans and promotes a lot of healthy eating, scalp massage.

Anyone familiar? Opinions?

MeInMyOwnWords

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we're all probably familiar with him. I think he has some valuable information, but it always feels like a sales pitch. The design of the website makes me a bit uncomfortable: pop-ups, mailing list opt-ins on every article, that pop-up at the bottom corner telling you who bought what when and from where, his guide, his products, etc.

In my honest opinion, his articles are meant to sell products more than provide information.

He has useful information and I frequently visit his site for new information (he does keep up to date), but the science never feels that rigorous. Every article suggests that every new breakthrough is -- or is going to be -- a "revolution".

While I am of the opinion that (some people's) Androgenetic Alopecia loss can possibly be stopped, slowed, or even reversed via "natural*" or "alternative methods" -- with a stupidly strict regimen -- I think he's more of a salesperson.

Honestly, if any of us had the cure to Androgenetic Alopecia why would we monetize it and keep it an elusive secret? I wouldn't. I would scream it from the top of buildings. f*** losing hair.

*if extracting compounds, mixing them, and taking doses far higher than those found in nature is "natural".

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that nobodies Androgenetic Alopecia has been cured by natural supplements. Its normally only a cure because of the misdiagnosis of male pattern baldness and usually its actually a vitamin deficiency or thyroid issue.

MeInMyOwnWords

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that nobodies Androgenetic Alopecia has been cured by natural supplements. Its normally only a cure because of the misdiagnosis of male pattern baldness and usually its actually a vitamin deficiency or thyroid issue.

I'm kind of new to giving a sh*t about my hair (my hairline has been bad for a while, so I honestly don't know what has made me start caring now?), but I want to believe so bad that it's just a tweak here or there, a supplement added, and lifestyle changes.

Deep down I know it's not true, but I want to believe...

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm kind of new to giving a sh*t about my hair (my hairline has been bad for a while, so I honestly don't know what has made me start caring now?), but I want to believe so bad that it's just a tweak here or there, a supplement added, and lifestyle changes.

Deep down I know it's not true, but I want to believe...
There have been plenty of guys on here that have reversed their hair loss with a improved diet and vitamin D + B6 &12 supplement. But they didn't have male pattern baldness.

MeInMyOwnWords

My Regimen
Reaction score
There have been plenty of guys on here that have reversed their hair loss with a improved diet and vitamin D + B6 &12 supplement. But they didn't have male pattern baldness.

I have a fairly classic case (I think), so I'm probably sh*t outta luck.

Maybe in the next life I'll be able to keep my hair lol.

danielscasa

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me I am having lots of success with his program. I don’t do every single thing he recommends, because I am still figuring out what works for me and what doesn’t. I use his growth elixir, his shampoo (sometimes) derma stamp and some diet recommendations.

Ryry

My Regimen
Reaction score
People wouldn't generally believe it if you told them that it's diet that causes the hair loss.. I was not going to post anything but this
"if any of us had the cure to Androgenetic Alopecia why would we monetize it and keep it an elusive secret? I wouldn't. I would scream it from the top of buildings. f*** losing hair. "

Made me create an account in the hopes that maybe at least one of you would listen to what I say and quite possibly stop losing hair as a result.
I ain't going to go into my whole story and I won't scream it, but I can tell you that I have stopped my hair loss and have been regrowing it since, it's a slow process because I don't do much other than use a hot or cold cloth and rub my scalp from time to time at night, most of my scalp now has hair, but since I'm at about the year 9 stage the hair that has regrown is quite fine and not colored but it gets thicker each year.

Anyway, I said it was diet and I'll tell you what I found out that causes it, for me.. and I suspect it'll be the case with many if not all.. the problematic food is wheat. Simply go gluten free and you'll stop that itchy scalp... you'll stop the hair falling out.. you'll probably fix those migraines you get fix those blocked ears you get due to excessive wax production (it's all related) and quite possibly just overall gain more health and avoid many diseases which I think are related to the over consumption of this "food" which was never really a natural Human food to begin with.. Not much to lose by trying what works for me.. Losing hair isn't natural, don't know why we've been duped into thinking it is.. No other animal loses hair this way, kinda obvious that it's diet related when you think about it.. All the best.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gluten is a known thing to blame for dermatitis at least, not directly hair loss. The problem is that it’s really hard to have a gluten free diet if you’re a. Lifting weights or b. A normal person that has friends, goes out, eats out, etc.

Glad it worked for you.

Ryry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know that it's specifically related to gluten, I'm not willing to lose more hair to test that theory.. The only thing I can say is that it's related to wheat. and every time I do eat it I have the issues mentioned above which are noticeable depending on the quantity of it I eat. Switching to gluten free means you avoid wheat, whether it's related to leaky gut or not I don't know. It's my speculation also that it's related to many mental diseases. Regarding dermatitis, I have a friend that used to have reasonably bad eczema on his hands, this has cleared up with the removal of another pretty bad and "unnatural" food that's made it's way into our diet, cow's milk. I can also confirm that this liquid is the cause behind my excessive sebum production and hence blackheads and pore scarring.. Again, I wish I knew this from my teenage years before the hormones go nuts and we become susceptible to these sorts of things..

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know that it's specifically related to gluten, I'm not willing to lose more hair to test that theory.. The only thing I can say is that it's related to wheat. and every time I do eat it I have the issues mentioned above which are noticeable depending on the quantity of it I eat. Switching to gluten free means you avoid wheat, whether it's related to leaky gut or not I don't know. It's my speculation also that it's related to many mental diseases. Regarding dermatitis, I have a friend that used to have reasonably bad eczema on his hands, this has cleared up with the removal of another pretty bad and "unnatural" food that's made it's way into our diet, cow's milk. I can also confirm that this liquid is the cause behind my excessive sebum production and hence blackheads and pore scarring.. Again, I wish I knew this from my teenage years before the hormones go nuts and we become susceptible to these sorts of things..

Almost everyone has leaky gut during their 30s. Also many don’t drink milk at all, me as well. And our sebum production is still excessive. It’s all psychological mate, it ain’t the cow’s semen. Stress, panic attacks, adrenal fatigue, cortisol. That’s it. Control those and you control all your autoimmune sh*t. People have panic attacks during the day and don’t even notice. They think it’s “hot outside” or they just breathe differently, they sweat excessively, they lose their focus (sort of blurring). And judging from your first post, you strike me as a heavily stressful person so naturally you will have ups and downs on this, flare ups and stuff.

Ryry

My Regimen
Reaction score
And wheat gluten is the cause of that? Probably for the best not drinking milk, although much of the problems with it could be down to the processing and the diet of the cows, I haven't tested grass fed organic cows milk..

Never had anything happen physically to me that I can't see is directly attributed to food, even going a day without eating 'drinking only water I've noticed my general appearance looking far better. Diet is key. excessive sugar, milk and wheat seem to be the real nasties based on my own experience.. Oh, add canker sores and geographical tongue to the list of problems I only experience eating certain types of food too.

What really gets to me though is that we could fix all this stuff if we actually cared to not profit from it. The amount of poorly working or even fake solutions for these maladies is considerable.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And wheat gluten is the cause of that? Probably for the best not drinking milk, although much of the problems with it could be down to the processing and the diet of the cows, I haven't tested grass fed organic cows milk..

Never had anything happen physically to me that I can't see is directly attributed to food, even going a day without eating 'drinking only water I've noticed my general appearance looking far better. Diet is key. excessive sugar, milk and wheat seem to be the real nasties based on my own experience.. Oh, add canker sores and geographical tongue to the list of problems I only experience eating certain types of food too.

What really gets to me though is that we could fix all this stuff if we actually cared to not profit from it. The amount of poorly working or even fake solutions for these maladies is considerable.

Not to be a dick but having a gluten free diet is close to impossible. Even in Mediterranean countries such as mine, where food can be seriously healthy and pure. Please be so kind as to post your weekly diet. For leaky gut just check alt/ast in blood work.

Ryry

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's about reducing the intake not necessarily about completely removing it as my body can deal with some of this itself, it's just super slow about it, although many do and succeed with a completely gluten free diet as a result of Celiac disease being a very serious illness.. I still eat the odd wheat product but I'm careful about how much I consume. I'm certainly not losing hair, I haven't for about eight years now as a result of this dietary change. Before my hair was leaving at a high rate and my scalp was incredibly itchy and painful requiring shampoo every couple of days to reduce the pain, it was during this time that I knew I was doing something wrong and this moment helped lead me to discover the root cause of this problem.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's about reducing the intake not necessarily about completely removing it as my body can deal with some of this itself, it's just super slow about it, although many do and succeed with a completely gluten free diet as a result of Celiac disease being a very serious illness.. I still eat the odd wheat product but I'm careful about how much I consume. I'm certainly not losing hair, I haven't for about eight years now as a result of this dietary change. Before my hair was leaving at a high rate and my scalp was incredibly itchy and painful requiring shampoo every couple of days to reduce the pain, it was during this time that I knew I was doing something wrong and this moment helped lead me to discover the root cause of this problem.

Can you post your diet and some pictures showing that significant regrowth? You got me interested.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No other animal loses hair this way

balding_chimp.png

balding_bonobo.png

bald_gorilla.png

bald_orangutan.png

bald_macaque.png

bald_uakari.png

Ryry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those appear to be all age related, with stem cells in the scalp losing the ability to develop into cells that make hair follicles. It's not typical for any animal to bald as young as puberty which some do, which clearly shows other factors in play. So I still stand behind what I said. A great deal if not the majority of men with alopecia will not be related to age or stress but is accelerated more than likely due to diet.

Last edited:

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those appear to be all age related, with stem cells in the scalp losing the ability to develop into cells that make hair follicles. It's not typical for any animal to bald as young as puberty which some do, which clearly shows other factors in play. So I still stand behind what I said.

Nope, it's androgenic hair loss. There were lots of studies done on stump-tailed macaques (like the monkey second from last) and some on bald uakaris (like the monkey in the last picture). Not only that, but it's entirely typical for those monkeys to start losing their hair at puberty, so you're wrong on the second point as well.

The bald scalp of adult stump-tailed macaques is a suitable recipient site in which to observe the fate of skin grafts. Baldness in these animals is not a. pathological condition but a natural hypoplastic change in the hair follicles that occurs at puberty [6, 7].
(source)