Hair Loss Progress, Last 3 Months Or So With Photos.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Background: Noticed some loss in my right temple about a year ago. Really ramped up in August. I’m on finasterside 0.5 daily. For anyone who like me, is early in the hairloss game, I’ll update occasionally so people can get an idea if there’s a benefit to starting treatment super early.

August:
D87F5A3F-5DF0-46E1-9201-9E900C841914.jpeg
Notice: Still some hairs in the thinning area, not much thinning outside of that zone.

Dec
6D356332-55A1-4614-B85B-C1FB03E5F68C.png
Notice: Forming a triangle like thinning zone.

Today:
9FA66651-6BC4-4E23-B281-CE5D8714052F.png
Notice: Some thinning, forming a more formed triangle.

I’ve been on finasteride about a month. No regrowth, have been losing a bit since Jan.

Attachments

• 3B12CEE3-FB56-4892-8D9F-76767FA76AF3.png
    3B12CEE3-FB56-4892-8D9F-76767FA76AF3.png
    593.9 KB · Views: 336

eightbald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just the thought of the sides of finasteride gives me this cringe feeling in my prostate

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At this rate, you'l be bald at 136, better get on a more aggressive regime. More seriously though, I don't get the whole .5 mg finasteride though process. Dosage curve for this drug is nearly flat so even a trace of finasteride will do nearly the same as 5 grams of the stuff.

Any sides?
No sides besides watery semen

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't expect growth on finasteride. From my experience, it just maintained what I have on my head. It's minoxidil that give me some kind of volume

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just the thought of the sides of finasteride gives me this cringe feeling in my prostate

You don't have to take the 1mg finas everyday. You can use it every other day or 3 times a week. It has the same effect on lowering your dht. Taking it everyday gives more side effects from my experience.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have to take the 1mg finas everyday. You can use it every other day or 3 times a week. It has the same effect on lowering your dht. Taking it everyday gives more side effects from my experience.
yeah that’s fine with me. i think right now it’s not bad, it has that mature hairline look. just don’t want it getting much worse :p

Smackbang77

My Regimen
Reaction score
With finasteride you're really hoping for a decrease in hairloss/stopping it, if you notice that you are shedding less hair after a few months then the finasteride is working, sometimes you can get regrowth out of finasteride but it's not as common. Use minoxidil if you want re-growth, and the finasteride will basically help those newly grown ''minoxidil hairs'' to stay in place and not fall out.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With finasteride you're really hoping for a decrease in hairloss/stopping it, if you notice that you are shedding less hair after a few months then the finasteride is working, sometimes you can get regrowth out of finasteride but it's not as common. Use minoxidil if you want re-growth, and the finasteride will basically help those newly grown ''minoxidil hairs'' to stay in place and not fall out.
I’ll give it another month or two and see where I’m at. Just trying to stop future loss. Regrowth would be awesome but not expecting anything

eightbald

My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought minoxidil-hairs stayed for as long as you applied minoxidil? Or are you saying use minoxidil until you get new hairs then just stay on finasteride to maintain the minoxidil hairs?