Hair Loss? Paranoia? Mature Hairline? Help Me!!

Rtsts

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I'm 18 years old since May I started to notice some thinning on this area of my head, but can't really tell if it's thinning or not because before May I used to have a pompadour hairstyle that made my hair look thick (even if I my hair is fine with normal density). Is this a sign of male pattern baldness ? Is this a mature hairline? Paranoia?
PS: my hair is barely touched a little bit combed for the shake of the post

Last edited:

Rtsts

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you shave your hairline a few month ago?
no I didn't shave it.
to be honest this part of my head, was thinner 1 month ago now it got thicker but still I think its getting thinner.

Last edited:

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
Especially in the first picture, where you are holding back your hair, you can see that the hairs of your hairline and temples are shorter than the rest. .. i asked if you shaved because from time to time, i see young men who are shaving like 3-5 mm of their hairline (its en vogue).

so if you didnt shave....it could be an early sign of thinning/miniaturization of your temples. but dont panic. you have amazing density. did you notice increased haitloss over the past month?

Rtsts

My Regimen
Reaction score
Especially in the first picture, where you are holding back your hair, you can see that the hairs of your hairline and temples are shorter than the rest. .. i asked if you shaved because from time to time, i see young men who are shaving like 3-5 mm of their hairline (its en vogue).

so if you didnt shave....it could be an early sign of thinning/miniaturization of your temples. but dont panic. you have amazing density. did you notice increased haitloss over the past month?
Yes I did infact I notice increase since January. But in total I lose 2-8 hairs while washing my hair and 10-20 hairs when I comb it when my hair is wet. If I comb my hair when its dry I might lose about 5 hair in total and that's bcs my hair is getting tangle each other so I actually pull it. Either way when my hair falls at it has a white bulb. Now I get what u saying about my hair. I don't really know to be honest bcs my last 2 haircuts were made in a different barber.

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
so all in all you are losing under 50 hairs.... thats nothing to worry about at all.

can you make additional photos from your "shorter" hsir at your front and temples?

Rtsts

My Regimen
Reaction score
so all in all you are losing under 50 hairs.... thats nothing to worry about at all.

can you make additional photos from your "shorter" hsir at your front and temples?
Could u tell me where temples are?

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have male pattern baldness.....to predict the severity of hairloss is nearly impossible. Maybe you are just getting a mature hairline, maybe your genetics will just let fall out hair at your temples at a very young age, but dont affect the rest of your hair.

I would go to derm...

Last edited:

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
You are not thinning or going bald. Come on guys...

im not sure. thats why i asked if he shaved his hairline for a modern looking haircut

like Marco Reus

Fußballer-Frisuren-Marco-Reus-14-300x300.jpg

Fußballer-Frisuren-Marco-Reus-5-249x300.jpg

Last edited:

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ehhhh that has to be a line up from your barber. If not, it's the neatest miniturisation I've ever seen.

Attachments

• 20180712_210127.jpg
    20180712_210127.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 221

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
dont panic, maybe its nothing....and either way: you have an amazing density and you have lots of time to fight hairloss, if the derm would really diagnose male pattern baldness.

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
Ehhhh that has to be a line up from your barber. If not, it's the neatest miniturisation I've ever seen.

thats why i asked if he shaved his hairline/temples for a modern haircut. look at my Marco Reus pics above

Rtsts

My Regimen
Reaction score
I made a call to my barber (the old one) and asked him if he witnessed any difference in my head, since I was having a haircut every 2 weeks when I was 16. He told me that my hair is the same at it used to be. So I guess its my imagination, anyways thanks for the help everyone :D