Hair Loss, Not Feeling Like Yourself?

seggy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

There is something I would like to talk about. I have been losing my hair for 2 decades now (i have used Finastride and stuff like that etc etc). I lost most of it. "It" is best described by a NW5 I guess (front is worse, back is not as bad). After my periode of wearing a hat (high school and university) I thought I was dealing with it ok (fake it until you make it), but I kind of figured out that I'm not dealing with it at all, i'm just hiding from it.

A while back I joined a group of friends on an ice skating club. Since it is ice skating, nearly everybody is wearing some kind of hat/helmet. Frequently, a part of the group, is having a drink afterwards. After a while I noticed I was still wearing my hat, and everybody there had never seen me without my hat.

Later that evening I started to compare my feelings and behaviours within the "ice skating" group and the rest of my life. It turns out that I feel completely different and behave much more freely. It's almost like I am a different person.

If I reflect on my life I figured that I put myself in a position that would reduce any chance of anybody making any comment about my bald head. Every now and than it still happens. Stuff like that just gets to me despite the fact that I do not show it. It drains me from all energy.

Does anybody recognise this, how do you deal with it?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

There is something I would like to talk about. I have been losing my hair for 2 decades now (i have used Finastride and stuff like that etc etc). I lost most of it. "It" is best described by a NW5 I guess (front is worse, back is not as bad). After my periode of wearing a hat (high school and university) I thought I was dealing with it ok (fake it until you make it), but I kind of figured out that I'm not dealing with it at all, i'm just hiding from it.

A while back I joined a group of friends on an ice skating club. Since it is ice skating, nearly everybody is wearing some kind of hat/helmet. Frequently, a part of the group, is having a drink afterwards. After a while I noticed I was still wearing my hat, and everybody there had never seen me without my hat.

Later that evening I started to compare my feelings and behaviours within the "ice skating" group and the rest of my life. It turns out that I feel completely different and behave much more freely. It's almost like I am a different person.

If I reflect on my life I figured that I put myself in a position that would reduce any chance of anybody making any comment about my bald head. Every now and than it still happens. Stuff like that just gets to me despite the fact that I do not show it. It drains me from all energy.

Does anybody recognise this, how do you deal with it?
Yea I'm 19 and I'm looking for jobs that require a hat, wish this disease wasn't real and I would wake up from this nightmare, oh well at least I'm not missing an arm or a leg.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I know that feel, my uncle was a hat prisoner over 20 years until he finally got a job as a prison guard and shaved his head.

seggy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I'm 19 and I'm looking for jobs that require a hat, wish this disease wasn't real and I would wake up from this nightmare, oh well at least I'm not missing an arm or a leg.

I have never understood the: be happy because you do not have: " enter any horrible disfigurement here". It is so easy to imagine something worse for EVERYTHING.

Going bald at a young age has a massive impact on your appearance. I struggle to think of anything that has a bigger impact on you appearance. Everybody admits they would hate it yet everybody has to make these little jokes about it. Look at Niki Lauda, got his face burned off. To this day he is wearing a hat as a shield for stupid people. You talk about al living legend of F1, and even he feels the need to hide himself from the world.

A couple of weeks ago a buddy of mine got married. He went bald in a couple of years. The c*** that married them had to make this "unintended joke" that he lost his wild hairs. Everybody had to laugh about it. Now imagine making fun of a fat person (being fat is just a choice). That is called fat shaming etc etc.

If you use cancer as a curse word, everybody is offended, if you make a bald joke about at a man at his wedding it is funny. The world is full of c****...