Hair Loss Is Making Me Lose My Mind

Losing_my_mind

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been diffuse thinning since the age of 15. Every second of every day has been dramatically different than it was before, in the most abysmal, nightmarish possible way. I am now 20, and in worse condition than ever. Hair loss has brought about a hell I previously never knew could possibly exist in this world.

Until 17, I was in denial. I did the side comb and it wasn't noticeable to anyone that I had any degree of loss, so I kept on that way. Nearing my 18th birthday, streaks of scalp began to show through and I knew I had to do something, fast.

Since then, I’ve been in an all out war with hair loss, losing every battle along the way. At the beginning, I thought I would try natural (and some truly bank breaking) methods. I started with biotin, b12, beta sitosterol, vitamin D, foliac acid, saw palmetto and various compounds like Hairomega.

None of it worked, and I ended up trying to shave my head for the first time. I looked like a monster! My head is hideously misshapen, I have a grotesque mole on the upper right of my scalp and I have a protuberant scar on the back of my head from when I fell on a corner when I was 6. I appear like a deformed cancer patient.

Soon after, I threw myself at the mercy (merciless) of Advanced hair research clinic, who suggested I do a tremendously expensive laser treatment therapy. Desperate for my life back, I took their offer and did 6 months of treatment at an exorbitant price. They also included a series of shampoos and conditioners. After 6 months, they refunded me ½ as there were no results and even noticeable thinning after even 6 months.

As my hair grew in, it *appeared* that I had achieved some sort of result somehow. I was able to do the combforward and appear to all *normies* that I had a full head. I figured this could possibly be delayed results from the laser, as it is the first thing I truly threw my full effort into. I used more of my hard earned savings to purchase a Laser Messiah from OverMachoGrande, using his plan with polysorbate 80 and ethyl alcohol 50/50 mix for 25 minutes before use. For half a year, I was very happy with the way things played out. My hair (combed forward, of course) appeared as thick as it was since the day I started this routine. That is until there, to my shock and horror, was a massive gap in the left side of my hairline (The left side of my head has been noticeably thinner than the right since the inception of this curse) and I panicked, I cried. Literally grabbing my knees and rocking back and forth.

I ended up in a psychiatric ward in April, where I saw a dermatologist there due to my complaints about how I ended up there. He prescribed me finasteride. I decided at that point that losing my manhood was EASILY the lesser evil as compared to losing my hair. From then, I went on the “Big 3.” I had none of the side effects commonly associated with these treatments. No loss of libido (depression and utter despair caused by hair loss already made me lose interest years ago anyway), no brain fog, no acne etc. None of that, but I got what was by far the worst possible side effect of all: ACCELERATED HAIR LOSS!! I was told at month 3 “this is a good sign!” “This means that it’s working!” “I has to get worse before it gets better!”

18 months on the “Big 3”, and I had lost more density than I had in the previous 4 years combined. I begin to see a second dermatologist and a trichologist as well because my life is truly on the line. They all told me to switch to dutasteride. So I did. 8 months later, my density is worse than ever yet again. I began doing all sorts of “alternative” methods such as detumescence every day, onion juice headstands, hanging my head backwards of my bed until I’m dizzy, derma rolling before my laser session so rough that I would often bleed… even praying to god multiple times daily….it just got worse and worse. I went to see both dermatologists and trichologist… dermatologist 1 “lol cope” dermatologist 2 “lol cope” trichologist “lol cope.”

The thing is, there IS no coping with this. There is no way to simply accept subhumanity when you’ve done everything you possibly can to prevent it. There is no way to “lol cope” with a gruesome self image that engenders a profound sense of self-loathing. Really, I truly believe that there is nothing worse on in life (barring disease of course) that could possibly happen to someone than pernicious, entirely treatment-resistant hair loss.

My entire life is a daymare. My only escape is sleep (which is rare due to the traumatic effects of my dreadful situation) and even then I more often than not dream about hair loss. Is there anything left for me to try that has any chance of helping me escape this life of relegation, ridicule and condescendention?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds familiar...very familiar, got finasteride prescribed in a psych ward as well.

You could try and see how you cope with hair systems maybe that’s sth for you.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure your dermatologists ran blood work. Did they rule out other causes of your hair loss? Nutrient deficiencies?
Auto immune disorders?
Thyroid issues?
Excluding those it might even be environmental...
You're not exposed to any sort of pollutants are you?

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds familiar...very familiar, got finasteride prescribed in a psych ward as well.

You could try and see how you cope with hair systems maybe that’s sth for you.

i love you man

on a serious side note...i think hairloss contributes a lot to midlife or quarter life crisis in man

nobody talks about it in real life but its a real hit for your ego..combined with other bad factors it can really hit you right in the nuts

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
A little vent. The past few weeks have started to become a vicious circle. Get my haircut, wait about 10 days, back to look sh*t. And then repeat. I'm in the final stages, the end game before shaving. I sometimes have escapist thoughts about growing my hair out even longer. It's a question of whether I am willing to wait that long. But at this stage, every-time I look at my hairline and it's ugly contours it makes me crazy. Crazy because the way it distorts me is unfathomable. I could stare at my recession for hours like trying to solve a riddle, but it never gets solved.

It is indeed the end game my brothers, the notorious end game of hair that all balding brothers must face. That long cold walk towards buzzing that we must all face eventually. The end is nigh brothers! The end game is upon me.

I keep squinting trying to make out what I will look like buzzed. By all accounts, it should actually be an improvement on my current hairline. My ears keep me feeling rather subdued, and I think about the option of getting them pinned back. But they are not hideous either. Just somewhere in the middle. I also worry somewhat about whether a buzz could make me look even worse. Whether my tuft of hair at the front will start to look like a little island of dark hairs. There is indeed no escape. Resistance is futile.

SMP could be the only sort of salvation I could expect.

I am going to shave before going on holiday. Now I just need a holiday to book. Planning something at the moment. I need a week at least to shave and get used to the look a bit before going back to the office. I am more scared of my offices reaction then my own.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry you're going through this, I feel your pain, man. I also took finasteride for about 11 months. Didn't notice any major side effects, but didn't get any positive results, either. In fact, it seemed like I was shedding more throughout the whole 11 months I was on it. I've also tried a bunch of other things (ketoconazole, nioxin, revivogen, coconut oil, biotin, zix, scalp massaging, etc., etc., etc.) Nothing I tried worked except fluridil (brand name Eucapil). The results aren't that dramatic, but I do notice maybe a 10-20% reduction in shedding on some days. I've come to the conclusion that my hairloss is definitely due to follicles that are extremely sensitive to androgens. My theory on why finasteride didn't work for me is that the reduction of dht caused my follicles to be even more sensitive. That theory is further proven by fluridil having a (slight) effect. Fluridil competes with androgen receptors as opposed to finasteride/dutasteride, which lowers androgens in the body. I would suggest trying topical compounds like fluridil or RU 58841. But if your hair is too far gone, you can always try hair systems or scalp micropigmentation.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
When people stop taking finasteride, they lose. STAY ON finasteride AT LEAST two years.
Mine finally started working 1.5 years in...Don't know why.
Try everything.

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You dude are crazy like Michael Myers. Your care so much about your hair but have sh*t regimens. I dont get it.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP is also not a permanent solution.
It requires bi yearly maintenance.
And you can get terrible results if you're not with a skilled tattoo artist.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been diffuse thinning since the age of 15. Every second of every day has been dramatically different than it was before, in the most abysmal, nightmarish possible way. I am now 20, and in worse condition than ever. Hair loss has brought about a hell I previously never knew could possibly exist in this world.

Until 17, I was in denial. I did the side comb and it wasn't noticeable to anyone that I had any degree of loss, so I kept on that way. Nearing my 18th birthday, streaks of scalp began to show through and I knew I had to do something, fast.

Since then, I’ve been in an all out war with hair loss, losing every battle along the way. At the beginning, I thought I would try natural (and some truly bank breaking) methods. I started with biotin, b12, beta sitosterol, vitamin D, foliac acid, saw palmetto and various compounds like Hairomega.

None of it worked, and I ended up trying to shave my head for the first time. I looked like a monster! My head is hideously misshapen, I have a grotesque mole on the upper right of my scalp and I have a protuberant scar on the back of my head from when I fell on a corner when I was 6. I appear like a deformed cancer patient.

Soon after, I threw myself at the mercy (merciless) of Advanced hair research clinic, who suggested I do a tremendously expensive laser treatment therapy. Desperate for my life back, I took their offer and did 6 months of treatment at an exorbitant price. They also included a series of shampoos and conditioners. After 6 months, they refunded me ½ as there were no results and even noticeable thinning after even 6 months.

As my hair grew in, it *appeared* that I had achieved some sort of result somehow. I was able to do the combforward and appear to all *normies* that I had a full head. I figured this could possibly be delayed results from the laser, as it is the first thing I truly threw my full effort into. I used more of my hard earned savings to purchase a Laser Messiah from OverMachoGrande, using his plan with polysorbate 80 and ethyl alcohol 50/50 mix for 25 minutes before use. For half a year, I was very happy with the way things played out. My hair (combed forward, of course) appeared as thick as it was since the day I started this routine. That is until there, to my shock and horror, was a massive gap in the left side of my hairline (The left side of my head has been noticeably thinner than the right since the inception of this curse) and I panicked, I cried. Literally grabbing my knees and rocking back and forth.

I ended up in a psychiatric ward in April, where I saw a dermatologist there due to my complaints about how I ended up there. He prescribed me finasteride. I decided at that point that losing my manhood was EASILY the lesser evil as compared to losing my hair. From then, I went on the “Big 3.” I had none of the side effects commonly associated with these treatments. No loss of libido (depression and utter despair caused by hair loss already made me lose interest years ago anyway), no brain fog, no acne etc. None of that, but I got what was by far the worst possible side effect of all: ACCELERATED HAIR LOSS!! I was told at month 3 “this is a good sign!” “This means that it’s working!” “I has to get worse before it gets better!”

18 months on the “Big 3”, and I had lost more density than I had in the previous 4 years combined. I begin to see a second dermatologist and a trichologist as well because my life is truly on the line. They all told me to switch to dutasteride. So I did. 8 months later, my density is worse than ever yet again. I began doing all sorts of “alternative” methods such as detumescence every day, onion juice headstands, hanging my head backwards of my bed until I’m dizzy, derma rolling before my laser session so rough that I would often bleed… even praying to god multiple times daily….it just got worse and worse. I went to see both dermatologists and trichologist… dermatologist 1 “lol cope” dermatologist 2 “lol cope” trichologist “lol cope.”

The thing is, there IS no coping with this. There is no way to simply accept subhumanity when you’ve done everything you possibly can to prevent it. There is no way to “lol cope” with a gruesome self image that engenders a profound sense of self-loathing. Really, I truly believe that there is nothing worse on in life (barring disease of course) that could possibly happen to someone than pernicious, entirely treatment-resistant hair loss.

My entire life is a daymare. My only escape is sleep (which is rare due to the traumatic effects of my dreadful situation) and even then I more often than not dream about hair loss. Is there anything left for me to try that has any chance of helping me escape this life of relegation, ridicule and condescendention?

It's easy to sort it though.

Hair system, SMP if you like a buzzed head look,hair transplant if under norwood 5,meds but have awful side effects.
Or shave it bald.

Or have a style and something to hide it like caps and beanies, like I been doing before I got a hair system.

Anything less than norwood 5 didn't bother me as much, as just used clippers(no guard) and had a skinhead look for years.

Until I got the dreaded norwood 7 and even looked sh*t when a buzzed head.
Tried shaving it and hated how it looked still.

That's when I looked into a hair transplant(too much hairloss for donor area), now have a hair system which gives me the exact style I wanted!!
Although the first hair system place totalcoverplus was a joke and almost put me of hair systems as looked SO FAKE like a piece, until I tried Optima hair in birmingham.
Almost happy with Optima but they don't do full lace bases. :(

SMP(hair tattoo) if you like a buzzed head look. Buzzed head is ok, but you look like a typical racist like that.
Bald shiny cueball egghead is still WORSE.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
u say ur hair loss increased twice with finasteride and then duta, hows that u arent bald yet if u started balding rapidly and having bald patches since 18. something doesnt add up.

im 25 and in last year i progress ~ 1.5NW forward. scared of finasteride due to gyno and possible accelerated hairloss. if finasteride accelerates my hair loss its a death sentence.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A little vent. The past few weeks have started to become a vicious circle. Get my haircut, wait about 10 days, back to look sh*t. And then repeat. I'm in the final stages, the end game before shaving. I sometimes have escapist thoughts about growing my hair out even longer. It's a question of whether I am willing to wait that long. But at this stage, every-time I look at my hairline and it's ugly contours it makes me crazy. Crazy because the way it distorts me is unfathomable. I could stare at my recession for hours like trying to solve a riddle, but it never gets solved.

It is indeed the end game my brothers, the notorious end game of hair that all balding brothers must face. That long cold walk towards buzzing that we must all face eventually. The end is nigh brothers! The end game is upon me.

I keep squinting trying to make out what I will look like buzzed. By all accounts, it should actually be an improvement on my current hairline. My ears keep me feeling rather subdued, and I think about the option of getting them pinned back. But they are not hideous either. Just somewhere in the middle. I also worry somewhat about whether a buzz could make me look even worse. Whether my tuft of hair at the front will start to look like a little island of dark hairs. There is indeed no escape. Resistance is futile.

SMP could be the only sort of salvation I could expect.

I am going to shave before going on holiday. Now I just need a holiday to book. Planning something at the moment. I need a week at least to shave and get used to the look a bit before going back to the office. I am more scared of my offices reaction then my own.
Hey bro, ate you using any treatment?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you. Hair loss has taken so much from me. I really wish there was a way to properly express how horrific losing your hair young is. With how much it has shattered my life those close to me say "Others can't cope, why can't you?". I tell them that there are other people like me on here but they just say "get off of there." It is so horrible. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hate that other people have to suffer with this like I do.