Hair Loss Increased So Much After 2 Weeks Of Minimal(nearly Zero) Hairloss

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride on the 21st of August

Hair loss had periods of increase and decrease but 2 weeks ago I was having ZERO hairloss. During the shower I would only shed maximum total of 5 hairs. For around 2 weeks I thought finasteride kicked in and started working and I was the happiest man alive.

Since Monday hairloss has increased alot and I shed during every shower 80-100 hairs. Everytime I run my hand through my hair I find 2-3 hairs on my hand.

What happened exactly? Why did hairloss literally stop for 2 weeks and then returned even more than what I used to lose. :(

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you start finasteride you often get a massive shed which i believe means that all the shedded hair then gets synchronised which might explain why your hair then sheds in these weird phases followed by no shedding. Doesn't mean you're losing hair / progress as it'll grow back just fine.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you start finasteride you often get a massive shed which i believe means that all the shedded hair then gets synchronised which might explain why your hair then sheds in these weird phases followed by no shedding. Doesn't mean you're losing hair / progress as it'll grow back just fine.

I hope you are right.