Hair loss / Hair thinning leading to depression

Wayne08957

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im new to this forum and just want to use this opportunity to share what im currently going through... (If it's not allowed ill delete)

Firstly I've never been the type who cares too much about his look or appearance, I'm just an average Joe.
Last year around Aug, I started to notice that im losing hair, either in the shower or even on my clothes. It didnt really affect me because it was only a little bit...

Recently, my friends and family all started worrying about me because my hair started thinning to a point they could notice right away. It's gotten so bad that I'm afraid to look in the mirror myself. I've literally lost all my confidence when hanging out with friends, going to social events and even if i do I always wear a cap. Even then, I keep having negative thoughts thinking to myself if they will think im strange, weird and why im always wearing a cap...

Started searching up online and the more I research the worse I feel because of the overwhelming information about causes, treatments, hormones, etc. And the cost of having a hair transplant is through the roof.

The reason im here is because im kinda lost on what to do next...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do or credible articles, blogs I can read?

Simon Spaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I think we all have been there.
Personally I have used several methods that seem to work for me on both the temples and the back part.
I am not here to advertise any specific methods, brands or doctors, I think all comes down to common sense but if you would like to inspire yourself on what can be done, here is my blog where I describe my experiences along the past 3 years with photos.
https://afuexperience.blogspot.com

You are not alone on this struggle my friend Wayne08957.

Wayne08957

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses,

Yes. Most will say hop on fina but understand what fina really does. I don't advise anyone to take it but if you do atleast take a blood test to check all your hormonal values before taking fina.

And read this forum, there are alternatives.

To me fina seems a bit extreme, that could go horribly wrong and affect me for my whole life, i'd prefer any natural remedies or products that are organic and the less side effects the better. I will try do more research, but I appreciate you taking the time to response!

Hey man, I think we all have been there.
Personally I have used several methods that seem to work for me on both the temples and the back part.
I am not here to advertise any specific methods, brands or doctors, I think all comes down to common sense but if you would like to inspire yourself on what can be done, here is my blog where I describe my experiences along the past 3 years with photos.
https://afuexperience.blogspot.com

You are not alone on this struggle my friend Wayne08957.
It's nice to know im not alone in this, Ill definitely follow your blog thanks!

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is only one credible theory about the cause of traditional male pattern baldness: it is caused by androgen sensitivity in the hair follicles. Essentially the inverse of how your beard works. Men have evolved so that androgens stimulate hair growth in the beard while they suppress hair growth on your scalp

fighting hair loss takes two paths: (1) stimulating more hair growth and (2) stopping androgens

stimulating hair growth will only work short term without using method (2) in combination since the underlying problem will still exist. Stopping androgens will stop further hair loss but will not necessarily lead to regrowth (though it does in some individuals). So you need to use both methods to fully reverse balding.

Stopping androgens can take a few paths. The most basic is Finasteride, which stops testosterone from converting into the stronger DHT. Another method of stopping androgens is to block androgens from binding to the receptor. There's a new drug expected to come out in 2021 or 2022 called Breezula that will take this route.

Organic and natural remedies are no better than other types of therapies. And usually they're worse. There's no reason for organic or natural products to have any greater safety than conventional therapies. A common "natural" remedy is saw palmetto extract. This extract contains compounds that are believed to act as 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, which is the exact same method of action of finasteride. Essentally, saw palmetto extract is just a far weaker version of finasteride. There's no meaningful difference between them except that one is far less likely to work because the actual therapeutic compounds are in a lower concentration

lizzajohnson10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im new to this forum and just want to use this opportunity to share what im currently going through... (If it's not allowed ill delete)

Firstly I've never been the type who cares too much about his look or appearance, I'm just an average Joe.
Last year around Aug, I started to notice that im losing hair, either in the shower or even on my clothes. It didnt really affect me because it was only a little bit...

Recently, my friends and family all started worrying about me because my hair started thinning to a point they could notice right away. It's gotten so bad that I'm afraid to look in the mirror myself. I've literally lost all my confidence when hanging out with friends, going to social events and even if i do I always wear a cap. Even then, I keep having negative thoughts thinking to myself if they will think im strange, weird and why im always wearing a cap...

Started searching up online and the more I research the worse I feel because of the overwhelming information about causes, treatments, hormones, etc. And the cost of having a hair transplant is through the roof.

The reason im here is because im kinda lost on what to do next...

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do or credible articles, blogs I can read?
Those are foods that you can eat for preventing hair loss:

1. EGGS: It makes sense to consume protein-based foods because our hair is primarily made up of proteins, which will also improve the quality of the hair.

2. BEAN SPROUTS: Bean sprouts contain an important nutrient called silica that contributes significantly in preventing hair loss. Silica helps in absorbing vitamins and minerals, so unless your diet has silica in it, eating your vitamins won’t be of any use.

3. CARROTS: An adequate intake of vitamin A is the key to helping promote the growth of cells of the scalp. It’s not just the eyes - but vitamin A-rich carrots provide excellent nourishment for the scalp.

4. SEAFOOD: Many men who suffer from hair loss have been found to have zinc deficiencies and zinc is found in abundance in seafood, which is why it’s essential to include seafood in your diet.

5. DATES AND RAISINS: Iron plays an important role in manufacturing hemoglobin and when that is at a healthy level, oxygen is properly dispersed to your entire body, including your scalp. This will promote and stimulate hair growth.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6. HORSE C UM: the semen of the horse has long been praised for its effective usage in many disciplines of human life, mainly po rn and hair loss treatment. The zinc cations, coupled with essential nutrients, binds to the dermal papillae of the hair follicle upon topical administration. This attachmenent prevents androgen binding and activation of the androgen receptor, hence blocking hair loss. Early treatment is not required because horse c um is magnificent.

fauxhawk

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol yea No.6 is definitely the best for your hair, most nutritious food and available at your local stable

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses,

To me fina seems a bit extreme, that could go horribly wrong and affect me for my whole life, i'd prefer any natural remedies or products that are organic and the less side effects the better. I will try do more research, but I appreciate you taking the time to response!

It's nice to know im not alone in this, Ill definitely follow your blog thanks!
There's not natural remedies. Yes, there are less agressive options than finasteride, but they aren't natural. Stop fooling yourself dude. Do something or go bald. Theres no option.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are foods that you can eat for preventing hair loss:

1. EGGS: It makes sense to consume protein-based foods because our hair is primarily made up of proteins, which will also improve the quality of the hair.

2. BEAN SPROUTS: Bean sprouts contain an important nutrient called silica that contributes significantly in preventing hair loss. Silica helps in absorbing vitamins and minerals, so unless your diet has silica in it, eating your vitamins won’t be of any use.

3. CARROTS: An adequate intake of vitamin A is the key to helping promote the growth of cells of the scalp. It’s not just the eyes - but vitamin A-rich carrots provide excellent nourishment for the scalp.

4. SEAFOOD: Many men who suffer from hair loss have been found to have zinc deficiencies and zinc is found in abundance in seafood, which is why it’s essential to include seafood in your diet.

5. DATES AND RAISINS: Iron plays an important role in manufacturing hemoglobin and when that is at a healthy level, oxygen is properly dispersed to your entire body, including your scalp. This will promote and stimulate hair growth.

jUst cHanGe yOuR dIeT bRo

0_Casey-King.jpg