Hair loss from the crown and thinning at 18!

Bat12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 18 currently. So the thing is that 2-3 years back, I didn't face any hair loss issues at all (I indeed had the thickest hair in my household) but since then, I'm facing hair loss as seen in the pictures in the crown area. Apart from a little recession in my hairline, I am not facing any signs of hairline recession (the recession is barely noticeable). But what's problematic is that I'm balding from my crown and my hair is thinning in general. So, should I go for a hair transplant for the crown? If so, what should I do to thicken my hair and keep the remaining ones (I understand that hair can be thickened just to an extent if someone by nature have thin hair, but I didn't have thin hair from the start, it's recent). If I do hair transplant, how many grafts would I need from the pictures? Also, if it's not the case that I have male pattern baldness from the pics, I request you to let me know if any condition is conclusive from the pictures. What has changed in last 2-3 years: had a stressful school senior year, experimented with shampoos a bit and started washing my hair 3x a week as opposed to everyday.

(The first pic is of wet hair and fourth pic is from 3 months back)

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_220158.jpg
    IMG_20220610_220158.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20220610_220109.jpg
    IMG_20220610_220109.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20220610_215921.jpg
    IMG_20220610_215921.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20220610_221350.jpg
    IMG_20220610_221350.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 238

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recommend you first speak to your doctor about this and maybe have your thyroid levels checked. Do not rely on this forum for a diagnosis.

What is your family history of hairloss? Grandfathers/father/brothers/uncles/cousins? Did anyone start losing hair at an early age? Or have diffuse thinning pattern? Male pattern baldness is polygenic and spans generations so it helps to know about its occurrence throughout your family tree.

Don’t compare wet hair pics to dry hair pics. Photo comparisons are best done when conditions are identical (lighting, hair length, hair style, camera angle, etc). Take good quality pictures every 6 months to monitor the situation.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Difusse thinning is not good to treat with transplants, most reputable surgeons will actually reject you and tell you to hop on medication first. (Talking from my own experience)

Get on finasteride+min+needling asap and most likely you will be cured because of your age. If you wait too much you're gonna become a desperate NW6 in 8 years imo.

Bat12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Difusse thinning is not good to treat with transplants, most reputable surgeons will actually reject you and tell you to hop on medication first. (Talking from my own experience)

Get on finasteride+min+needling asap and most likely you will be cured because of your age. If you wait too much you're gonna become a desperate NW6 in 8 years imo.
But don't we lose hair when we stop taking finasteride?