Hair loss cure is coming in 2020 they said

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the research is not important anymore because Christiano's 3D follicle printing will not require any need for that. We just have to wait for 2040. Engineers will save the day as molecular biologists fail to make applicable use of their knowledge as usual

HairNinja

My Regimen
Reaction score
1980: finasteride + minoxidil + impotence

2020: finasteride + minoxidil + impotence + estrogen + gender change

#progress

You guys should read up on autoimmune and how the brain works. Or maybe take a look on the head’s nerves and veins. If you think you’re gonna regrow hair or clone themyou are nuts. There is a reason no one knows why we lose hair and it’s 2020.

Shave it, own it.
I would rather be bald n proud and overcome my insecurities around it than cause damage n still look like a fuzzy peach with the covert name of "Mr. Floppy". Acceptance is key, I actually became a stronger person going bald. I had to take a real look at what mattered and what's important in this life and guess what, it wasn't my appearance.

The biggest problem with the hair loss experts and big pharma is they have a lot of to work with to cleverly leverage peoples emotions with the hopes of preserving their self image. Multi-Billion dollar industry that has marginal succes. Hmmmm, instead of rubbing stuff all over your heads maybe you should scratch it to see if a new thought process can be invoked. Clearly the methodology and techniques are redundantly unsuccessful. The lack of progress and the damage being caused is beyond belief. I feel for all of you in pain about losing your hair, and I can tell you that life isn't something you can control absolute. A simple suggestion, try letting go, look at you personal assets as a person and strengthen those, learn to accept what you see in the mirror. Additionally, shaving it all off was the most profound process for me because I was forced to let go of what little hair I had left.

All the best to you in this community and stop putting your hope into the hands of greedy manipulators seeking access to your pocket book. Save up and get a really good transplant or glue on wig. Take care!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

#progress

You guys should read up on autoimmune and how the brain works. Or maybe take a look on the head’s nerves and veins. If you think you’re gonna regrow hair or clone themyou are nuts. There is a reason no one knows why we lose hair and it’s 2020.

Shave it, own it.
Estrogen is separate from impotence and gender change although some experience impotence and some change their genders or went into this considering doing so.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As much as I wanted to read this and be mad at you. I cant even be mad at you lol. Damn.

As much as I love my hair which is Diffuse w Full hairline... Long like Jesus's hair... I also believe that to gain enlightment in life one must detach from ego and world things etc... that post just made me realize a lot... f*** its hard to swollow that pill.... but u aint lying.

Im still gunna do everything I can (non-Hormonal) and try all the new stuff like WNT signalling etc, but damn youre right. Accepting the situation is key.

Ps. I read ppl asking why Asians have the least baldies... well its pretty simple... they have the smallest packages.... aka less DHT from the get go, aka less sexual development etc.... plus they pound soy from childhood into adulthood....
Yeah but Native Americans and Siberians have even better hair on average than Asians and they don't eat soy, and live on mostly a protein diet. I do agree that there could be correlation between package size and hair loss, and for body hair as well. Baldness is a strong sexually dimorphic way of distinguishing between the sexes, as is beard growth too, among white and people of Semitic origin and testosterone level differences or up-regulation differences are likely a culprit.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 1980 there was no Finasteride and Minoxidil was an off-label hypertension drug prescribed to a few people. If you can't even get those simple facts correct why should we listen to your pathetic whining?
<ignored>
In terms of marketing this is correct. Minoxidil was approved with prescription around 1986, 1987 and of course, it would go on to be otc. Finasteride in my recollection became known around 1997 and you still need a prescription but they are easy to get. I do agree with Knemo's basic point. We used polysorbates in the early to mid-80's until Rogaine came out. Things were bleak before polysorbates.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People get transplants, their hair still falls out, and they still have to go on meds. I think it'll be 2046 before they can give you a full head of hair out of nothing for a reasonable price. Estrogen is important in the male body, that's why you can't just use any steroid for trt. You need some to aromatize into estrogen or you get sides. To much also sides.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
People get transplants, their hair still falls out, and they still have to go on meds. I think it'll be 2046 before they can give you a full head of hair out of nothing for a reasonable price. Estrogen is important in the male body, that's why you can't just use any steroid for trt. You need some to aromatize into estrogen or you get sides. To much also sides.
Transplant work well for one group, those who have fringe hair that is maintained in terms of quality and which extends high up on the scalp. Even 40 years ago, such folks could get amazing results from transplants. Some people heal really well and don't scar but probably most scar. I think that the plucked hair studies provide some insight as to which transplant methods work best and it probably isn't the one used most often.

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but Native Americans and Siberians have even better hair on average than Asians and they don't eat soy, and live on mostly a protein diet.

'Ectopic calcification and bone: a comparison of the effect of dietary carbohydrates, sugars and protein. [2014]
[...]
A diet high in carbohydrates appears to increase ectopic calcification, particularly in magnesium deficiency, although the effect of carbohydrate and fibre on bone in humans is unclear but appears to be consistently more detrimental than a high protein diet. [...]
Whereas a high carbohydrate diet can increase ectopic calcification, a diet high in protein may inhibit it, possibly through induction of IGF-1.'

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding is worse that being bald. You guys gotta live your lives overcoming insecurities and being confident. Baldness isn't a reason to morn forever.

I had hopes in a cure before, but now, if a cure is to be released, I probably won't hear about it from here, but from the news. BTW, this is a practical "cure":

2020: finasteride + hair transplant

No impotence, I assure you.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

#progress

Shave it, own it.

Except, out of all of those, estrogen in combination with minoxidil (oral preferably) is the only cure. :)

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair is priceless, I wonder how much stemson will want .... one thing bothers me if this new hair starts falling out again? besides, it will probably be possible to choose the thickness and color of the hair?
I don't know about priceless, if I were offered $100,000 or a dreamy hairline I think I'd take the hundred grand.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard some of these new potential upcoming technologies will be more likely round half a mil for the first few years

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for a permanent solution ok, but if there is no guarantee that the hair will not fall out, Stemson can stick this hair in his ***
Great, the less people trying to get their treatment, the less waiting line it will have for the people who wants :)

If their treatment gets me back to Norwood 1 with original density I wouldn't mind at all doing touch up sessions every 5 years or so.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cost numbers are pure malarkey at this point. Nobody has ever restored a single person's head yet.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cost numbers are pure malarkey at this point. Nobody has ever restored a single person's head yet.
This is true, I was simply trying to add to the fact that it's so far out for average person. I'll be retired by the time things become available.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100K ? well, at least that's not a heart transplant

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard some of these new potential upcoming technologies will be more likely round half a mil for the first few years
That figure was originally thrown by me in another thread. I got there by considering a procedure of 20,000+ implanted "cloned" follicular units (a huge number, enough to transform a shiny NW6-7 bald into a Cristiano Ronaldo with ultra density and perfect hairline). And that each FU would cost $20.

A more reasonable assumption is that most people will go for 10,000 FUs at most (more than 3x the average hair transplant restoration and more than enough to give mind blowing results) and that it will cost say $4 per FU to have its stem cells "cloned" and grouped and more $4 per FU to be implanted by the doctor, totaling $8 per FU. In that case the restoration would cost around $80K.

Last edited: