Hair Loss Because Of Heat From A Hat??

Robert_NZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear members,

Hello. I would like to ask if anybody has experience or an opinion on whether wearing a hat in the summer 'could' cause hair loss. Let me explain what I mean.....in the summer time it can be very hot and bright so I wear a hat. When I do this, the result is dandruff like flakes on my scalp. It seems that the heat from wearing the hat is causing this as I do not have this problem when I do not wear a hat during periods of the summertime. I also get the same result if I blow dry my hair day after day after day should there be a need to do that. The flakes are so bad that anti dandruff products and nizorel will not reduce or even contain the flakes. I end up using a scalp lotion called BETAMETASOME and after a few applications the flakes go away and I repeat the whole cycle again during the summer period.

Since about 2010 I have noticed a loss of my hair. I has been during these years (only in the summer) that I was wearing my hat and using the BETAMETASOME.

Prior to 2010, I was not doing this is in the summer.

Does anybody have an opinion on this?

Some information about me. I am 58 year old male.

Thank you.

Regards

Robert

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Hats don't make you loose your hair. Sorry it's male pattern baldness. This is part of the seven stages of grief, called denial.

Get on treatment.

Robert_NZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not titled or phased my question correctly, I apologise for being that.

What I am really asking is if the repeated and long term use of BETAMETASOME lotion can, or could, or might contribute to hair loss.
I understand that there are many causes to hair loss. Just asking if this lotion is a known potential cause.

Thank you

Regards

Robert