Hair Loss and Pro-Testosterone Formulas

SDguy

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for 2 years now with great results. I am also an athlete and gym buff, and was wondering about taking natural pro-testosterone formulas and their effect on balding. Would taking these suppliments (such as Tribulus Terrestris, Vitex agnus castus, etc) counteract the good work of propecia?

Thanks!
Tyler

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doubt it, since your 5-AR is so low the miniscule amount of test increase ( 10-30% ) will not make significantly more DHT ( maybe 2-5% ).

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning said:
Doubt it, since your 5-AR is so low the miniscule amount of test increase ( 10-30% ) will not make significantly more DHT ( maybe 2-5% ).

Agreed. That herbal crap won't boost your test anyway. No study has ever shown any anabolic effects (performance or hormone alterations) from them.

Goingat20

Reaction score
fifty said:
Thinning said:

Agreed. That herbal crap won't boost your test anyway. No study has ever shown any anabolic effects (performance or hormone alterations) from them.

i agree...

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can always turn to the dark side and run a low dose test cycle - 250mg EW should put on a solid 15lbs in 12 weeks. Thats about double the amount a horny 18yr old teenager makes.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shuggyboy said:
yeah but might thin his hair out considerably at the same time!? :hairy:

It might ( impossible to know for sure ), but if he is on finasteride or dutasteride, not very likely. At least not in my experience.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Im thinking of a 6 week cycle of dinabol (oral), along with nolva to keep things ok. What are the side effects i could expect, my doctor mentioned a few that shock me up like cancer, diabetes, water retention (i dont mind) etc

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
Im thinking of a 6 week cycle of dinabol (oral), along with nolva to keep things ok. What are the side effects i could expect, my doctor mentioned a few that shock me up like cancer, diabetes, water retention (i dont mind) etc

Bad idea, will shed your hair and all your gains will vanish when you stop. The only thing 6 weeks of dbol will give you is gyno and elevated liver enzymes.

Run TestE at 250mg EW for 12 weeks.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Thinning- should i expect any sides while on test? Im 22 so my test should be high now. Anyway, ive got time on my hands now and want to train twice a day but am scared of overtraining. What would help me now overtrain?

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well dont run DBol only thats the worst thing you can do.

If you run an AI ( aromatase inhibitor ) to block conversion from Test to Estrogen, and a 5-AR inhibitor like finasteride or dutasteride, likely the only sides you will get from TestE at 250mgEW is increased sex drive and increase in acne if you are prone to it.

Of course the main side effect is that you will recover faster and build muscle faster.

I would not suggest working out twice daily unless one of those workout is low impact cardio.

Reaction score
Hey man, definitely go to some Bodybuilding forums and learn a lot about steroids before you do them- I researched for over a year before I did a cycle. Dependant on your genetics, Test may speed up your hairloss- finasteride can help, but isn't complete assurance.

Also, listen to thinning- DBOL will kill your hair quicker than anything and your gains will evaporate several weeks after.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah everyone reacts different so its still possible Test makes your hairloss worse, but it didnt for me. Actually it seemed to make it better, but I also ran 5mg finasteride ED up from my normal 1mg.

Im probably going to run another here in a month or two. Probably going to add Primo and some Var(oral) at the end. Both of them are very mild an supposedly easy on the hairline.