Hair Loss And Depression. Need Som Lovin

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss has caused a serious depression. Everything feels meaningless. You lose your reason to sleep, to wake up in the morning, to do the things you used to love, to create, your reason to feel and your reason to live. I began losing my hair at 15, but it wasn’t before around age 21 (I’m 25 now), that I realized I could never get a girl I find attractive. I’ve spent my life trying to become a strong and resourceful person, but now I feel completely empty. I’ve had two hair transplants, one at the age of 22 and one at the age of 24. The first one was a failure, the second was a bit more successful and it has made me feel a little bit better about my looks, although the results should have been way better. I’ve tried to improve myself in every way, but nothing effects you like hair loss does. I’ve come close to having a girlfriend, but it didn’t work out. I’ve never had sex. I’m a 6’2 guy with an athletic body. I mean, it’s f*****g ridiculous. I think the reason why this depression have hit me hard is because I understand due to hair loss, I never got the chance to experience what it feels to be young and to experience things that mean so much to you at a young age.
I never got to experience things that give life purpose, like sex, intimacy, sharing your passion with someone who can push you and make you stronger. Now, it has lost its value. It don’t matter to me as much. My drive is gone, my hope is gone. I’ve missed my opportunity to experience what it feels to live. I’ve lost the energy that makes me wanna reach my potential.
Since the age of 21 I’ve been living in a prison mentally. f*** this sh*t, I really hope they will find a cure in the future so that no guy or girl will ever experience what it feels to be robbed of your youth and motivation in life.

To all that is suffering from hair loss and how it affects your life, I feel you

Last edited:

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been in a very similar spot to you at around the same age. I know those exact feelings you're having on missing out on sex/intimacy and I was a virgin until the age of 25 as well.

It seems like you're trying to skip too many steps. How did you get close to getting a girlfriend but you haven't had sex yet? Unless there is some religious factor here, that simply shouldn't happen.

My advice: hop on tinder or any dating app and focus on getting laid first & foremost. Lower the bar just a little bit to improve your chances. Trust me, the feeling of being intimate with someone will give you a big mental boost and at the same time you can get some practice in.

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been in a very similar spot to you at around the same age. I know those exact feelings you're having on missing out on sex/intimacy and I was a virgin until the age of 25 as well.

It seems like you're trying to skip too many steps. How did you get close to getting a girlfriend but you haven't had sex yet? Unless there is some religious factor here, that simply shouldn't happen.

My advice: hop on tinder or any dating app and focus on getting laid first & foremost. Lower the bar just a little bit to improve your chances. Trust me, the feeling of being intimate with someone will give you a big mental boost and at the same time you can get some practice in.

Thanks for advice. Appreciate that. Yeah, I know what I need to do is to get out of my head and start putting myself out there. It’s still hard though. About the girlfriend: She had som issues and said she just wasn’t ready. I’m not religious, but sex means more to me than most I guess. But you’re right, I need to get laid and have some intimacy. This loneliness sucks

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, there are regimens which can give results but I don't think you would try them since you are athletic.
I’ve used microneedling and minoxidil in the past. I did have some slight regrowth, but to constantly thinking about it and spending your time and money on something that yields so little results, it wasn’t worth it. I have been on 1.25 mg Finasteride since I was 22. It hasn’t given any regrowth, but it has stopped the hair loss (although I’m not sure if I would lose any more hair if I stopped taking Finasteride). It hasn’t given me any side effects, so I’m thankful for that

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve used microneedling and minoxidil in the past. I did have some slight regrowth, but to constantly thinking about it and spending your time and money on something that yields so little results, it wasn’t worth it. I have been on 1.25 mg Finasteride since I was 22. It hasn’t given any regrowth, but it has stopped the hair loss (although I’m not sure if I would lose any more hair without Finasteride)

I don't mean those... There are much better medications than finasteride. Have you tried dutasteride?

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
get a dog it helped me.
Got allergic to dogs and cats some years ago, but nice to know it has helped. I’ve had different pets through my life and they have always improved my life. I still consider to get a dog though, some years from now. Maybe it would be possible with medication

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve considered it, but I won’t the chance because of the possibility of sexual side effects
So, you have zero sex, but still worrying about erection and sperm problems? Man, some people are really weird...

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you have zero sex, but still worrying about erection and sperm problems? Man, some people are really weird...
What the hell? Just bc someone doesn't have sex now doesn't mean he never will. A man wants to know that he has the option. Fapping is good too

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
What justinbieberscombover said. Man, you are way off. Of course I care about my erection and sperm although I haven’t had sex. I take Finasteride because I care for the hair that I have left and isn’t experiencing any sides. But with Dutasteride the chances of getting sides are much higher so won’t do it

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont agree with you at all, but what can I say, keep fapping if you like it so much

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're 6'2 with an athletic body you should be able to get sex even if you were fully bald unless your face is worse than average.
Do you talk to women much?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
whats your norwood like right now?
we are same age in similar situations, it could be worse for you, like being in my shoes, for example, lmao

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on a bunch of dating apps bro. If you are athletic and tall and not completely bald then you should be able to find a cute girl just by making a really good profile with decent pics.

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
whats your norwood like right now?
we are same age in similar situations, it could be worse for you, like being in my shoes, for example, lmao
It’s like 4, but I’ve had a hair transplant and use toppik. It does cover the crown pretty good, but the front looks a little sh*t

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on a bunch of dating apps bro. If you are athletic and tall and not completely bald then you should be able to find a cute girl just by making a really good profile with decent pics.
Will do that. I know I gotta put myself out there. But it’s f*****g hard. My mind is just thorn apart because of this. But yeah, no other way

Lake_K

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're 6'2 with an athletic body you should be able to get sex even if you were fully bald unless your face is worse than average.
Do you talk to women much?
I’m not a shy person and have no problems talking to women. And I’m an average looking guy, with some nice facial features. It’s just that I haven’t experienced any interest from pretty girls after I started losing my hair, so I’ve always delayed dating hoping a new hair loss treatment would hit the market so I could finally attract good looking girls again. I mean, why should I hook up with girls that I don’t find attractive at all. Right now, that hope is fading with all the new treatments being postponed to 2022/23. Although it don’t bother me as much as it did before, I’m waiting for my acne to go away also. It’s like God (although I don’t believe in God) gave me potential to be a really happy and good looking guy, but then decided to f*** me just letting me know that’s never gonna happen

Last edited: