Hair Growth Promoting Effect Of 4hgf Encapsulated With Pga Nanoparticles (pga-4hgf) By Β-catenin

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31337050

Poly-γ-glutamic acid (γ-PGA)-based nanoparticles draw remarkable attention as drug delivery agents due to their controlled release characteristics, low toxicity, and biocompatibility. 4HGF is an herbal mixture of Phellinus linteusgrown on germinated brown rice, Cordyceps militaris grown on germinated soybeans, Polygonum multiflorum, Ficus carica, and Cocos nucifera oil. Here, we encapsulated 4HGF within PGA-based hydrogel nanoparticles, prepared by simple ionic gelation with chitosan, to facilitate its penetration into hair follicles (HFs). In this study, we report the hair promoting activity of 4HGF encapsulated with PGA nanoparticles (PGA-4HGF) and their mechanism, compared to 4HGF alone. The average size of spherical nanoparticles was ~400 nm in diameter. Continuous release of PGA-4HGF was observed in a simulated physiological condition. As expected, PGA-4HGF treatment increased hair length, induced earlier anagen initiation, and elongated the duration of the anagen phase in C57BL/6N mice, compared with free 4HGF treatment. PGA-4HGF significantly increased dermal papilla cell proliferation and induced cell cycle progression. PGA-4HGF also significantly increased the total amount of β-catenin protein expression, a stimulator of the anagen phase, through induction of cyclinD1 and CDK4 protein levels, compared to free 4HGF treatment. Our findings underscore the potential of PGA nanocapsules to efficiently deliver 4HGF into HFs, hence promoting hair-growth. Therefore, PGA-4HGF nanoparticles may be promising therapeutic agents for hair growth disorders.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Useless. Not only can you not buy that premade '4HGF' mixture anywhere, but also, f*** Polygonum multiflorum (He Shou Wu).

Liver Damage Associated with Polygonum multiflorum Thunb.: A Systematic Review of Case Reports and Case Series
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2015/459749/

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree it is useless if it can't be purchased anywhere, but about He Shou Wu I must disagree.

Traditional Chinese herbs are more like medicines and shouldn't be taken over the counter as supplements without consulting a physician.The article itself says the liver damaging effects are mostly linked to long-term overdose.

Anyway, the mouse study I linked is dealing with topical application of 4hgf. Ketoconazole is also damaging to the liver taken orally but we still use as a shampoo and people experimented for a while with creams too.