Hair Growth From 2005 To 2019 - I Hope This Helps Others

What else should I add to the fight against hairloss?

• Total voters

Aj6543

Reaction score
I've been lurking on these forums for over 10 years now. I thought it would be good to share with others my story.

Attached is a picture of me at age 23 (2005) when rapid hair loss began. I used to have hair like a chia pet and then over 12 months my hair rapidly starting to fall out. I immediately got on finasteride. Five years later I added Minoxidil. While I regrew my hair, the hairs behind the widows peak are not as strong and miniaturized but at least the medications have stopped my hair loss for 14 years.

I've been trying to look at finding a third weapon to help with my hair loss. Anyone have thoughts on adding 10 percent minoxidil? I tried 15% percent but got chest pain.

I don't know if this is a coincidence, but I was diagnosed with low vitamin D and have been taking Vitamin D for a knee injury and over the last 30 days, I feel that my hair got thicker.

Thoughts on what else I could try?

I hope this helps others. I encourage others who have been viewing these forums to share what they have discovered. Please take my survey above.

Attachments

• Hair 2005.jpg
    Hair 2005.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,948
  • Hair 2019.jpg
    Hair 2019.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,921
Last edited:

Aj6543

Reaction score
Michael, that is correct. 14 years of finasteride and 7 years of minoxidil. No sides.

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I haven't tried topical finasteride, but I can't see how it could hurt. RU is another option, though I'm not personally at the point where I'm going to buy something overseas from Chinese chemists, but many people have and I've seen good results. Knowing me though, I would always question the authenticity of what I was buying since it seems there is little oversight in what product I would be getting

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Damn you are a good responder, congratulations. With those results I think you are good for the long run, no need to worry.