Hair gone limp...

David77

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just wondering if your hair going limp like mine has is a sign of anything? I know HairLossTalk.com went through something that sounds similar, and I've noticed an increase in my loss since it's got like this. Is it the start of a shed, the culmination of one? Impossible to say?

And are there any products that are good for getting it to look a little better? I'm currently using Nizoral and T-Gel. Anything else I could add?

I've been on finasteride for about 5 weeks now. So many success stories I've read on the net, leave out all the things that you have so many questions about. If I do have some success I'll make sure to post all the ups & downs.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Well, I can only speak for myself here, but I have found the number one cause of limp hair for me to be buildup from shampoos. How often do you use TGel and Nizoral? If you use it every day, it might be the culprit as both can be a bit harsh on hair. Perhaps try a good 'clarifying' shampoo (a shampoo that is designed to remove buildup) and see if it has an effect. A good one is Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3.

I don't know if it is the reason why your hair is limp, but it sure did help me.

David77

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've just read the "frizzy hair" thread as well - I've only recently added the T-Gel, so what you say makes sense.

The only thing is that I think I am going through a shed at the moment, and thought it may be a result of that.

Can anyone in the UK recommend a few good shampoos that I could buy in boots or somewhere similar?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is limp if i don't blow dry it.. then it looks/feels ok! Probably not too good for the hair tho..

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
David77,

I know exactly what your talking about. I'm going through the same thing. A few weeks back my hair was getting thicker and it was obviuosly growing and felt more "alive". The past couple of weeks it has went limp and feels a little thinner. It's definitly not build up (for me), I can tell the difference. It's like my hair is inbetween a growing and shedding phase since I'm really not shedding more than usual. I'm just about to start month # 5 on the big 3.

On a good note....my woman looked at me this morning and said "hey, you got a couple of little hairs sprouting up in front" :)

The Gardener

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
On a good note....my woman looked at me this morning and said "hey, you got a couple of little hairs sprouting up in front" :)

Don't you love that! Small victories make it all worthwhile.