Hair gel....which one to use

Reaction score
I used Rogaine foam ALSO for styling but my hair is too long for it now. Which hair gel or styling product do you reccomend because I am afraid it will impact my hair badly and negate the success (hair loss status quo) I am having while using big three.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
unless the hair product (gel) of your choice is causing irritation of some sort to your scalp, then it will not have an effect on your success on the 'big 3.'

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
you cant have too much minoxidil....if you really wanted to....you could apply it 3x a day...is it worth the extra effort? prob. not, but it def. wont hurt anything.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
losinghairsuddenly said:
bubka said:
i use american crew products, fiber and styling gel (firm hold)

Where do you get it. Thanks !!!

@HTGT, Thanks dude !!!

Most grocery stores sell them in the US. You can probably find them at most hair salons.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Gel: real deal Gel: Your two pimp options are Ausiie (purple) hard and shelly clean smells good. Or KMS softer just as clean harder to find, better texture. I love gel. When I get my FUE I will use gel again. But with my new job I will not go to on of the docs until 2008 summer.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
losinghairsuddenly said:
person said:
Use Min New York's range. Here is the link

http://www.min.com

But how s this gonna impact my regimen. Is this too much minoxidil for me because I am already on the foam.

It will be perfectly fine to use their styling products because they don't contain any minoxidil; they only contain dht inhibiting ingredients so they will compliment the rogaine. Min New York recommend you put the foam in first then use their styling products. The only Min New York product which contains minoxidil is Agent which is a better alternative to Rogaine.

Reaction score
The issue that I have with all the Gels so like this MIN's product that seems to quality product with very healthy benefits.....is that I need a lot of Gel because my hair is long and strong and hard to direct. As a result when I wash it afterwards there is a lot of hair left in my hands.
Silly rethorical question maybe but I guess I have to try to use less hairGel even though it is 'healthy' product.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. If you want to use lots and lots of gel then use lots; as I stated the gels; wax and creams contain dht inhibiting products - sometimes i just go mad and put their 'Manage' all over my hair; looks quite good.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. If you want to use lots and lots of gel then use lots; as I stated the gels, wax and creams contain dht inhibiting products - sometimes i just go mad and put their 'Manage' all over my hair; looks quite good. I use 'Manage' but if you want a gel I recommend 'Secure.'

Reaction score
person said:
I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. If you want to use lots and lots of gel then use lots; as I stated the gels; wax and creams contain dht inhibiting products - sometimes i just go mad and put their 'Manage' all over my hair; looks quite good.

What I was saying my hair is tough to manage so after I put to much secure or manage (purchased both) I do get a lot of my hair left in my hands that night after I wash it, especially the part that I was trying to style.
Did anyone tried Loreal thickening gel. That damn thing killed me over period of six months while I was using it extensively.