Hair Flaking From Nizoral After 2 Weeks??

Uioer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i have been using minoxidil 15% for about 4 months. I since added jojoba oil, coconut oils, onion juice, and nizoral to my regimen. I didn't have any flaking until i started using the nizoral, i'v only been using that for about 2 weeks. I don't get any burning or itching whatsoever, just alot of flakes that look like dandruff. I'm wondering if i should stop using nizoral? Or is it a good sign to see flakes initially?

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should not have flakes from Nizoral. It could be from skin irritation/dryness from the shampoo that is causing it. Try another ingredient that can provide the same benefits such as piroctone olamine, pyrithione zinc, or coal tar. 15% Minoxidil can also cause some serious flaking, so it may just be coincidence that it started right when you got on Nizoral.

Uioer

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had dandruff to begin with, just started using it to see if there were any benefits for hair growth.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had dandruff to begin with, just started using it to see if there were any benefits for hair growth.

There is not. It's not a hair regrowth product, it's there to resolve scalp issues that you do not have by the sound of it.

Last edited: