Hair Fibres After Fue - Can I Use Them?

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 2 weeks post op after a 5000 graft fue hair transplant and I asked the doctor who performed my surgery if I could start using hair fibres for concealment during the shedding phase and for hiding the donor area etc for a while.

She said I shouldn't use these or any gel for a year at least as the chemicals in them are bad for your hair.

Is this correct or should I be okay with with using them? I've done a lot of research and many people have suggested using hair fibres in this phase so I'm totally confused. Is this just a case of doctors being 100% safe?

shookwun

Reaction score
Absolutely retarded.

Once the wounds are healed, and scabs are gone then there is no potential for fibres to disrupt growth in any way.

After a couple weeks you can resume all former activity, all though chemicals such as hair dye, and shampoos such as hizoral should be given at least a month before continuing.

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely retarded.

Once the wounds are healed, and scabs are gone then there is no potential for fibres to disrupt growth in any way.

After a couple weeks you can resume all former activity, all though chemicals such as hair dye, and shampoos such as hizoral should be given at least a month before continuing.

Thanks shookwun. To be honest it was the nurse/assistant that told me this and I've been back for a follow up since I started this thread and the doctor herself said it should be fine to use these but to avoid dye as you mentioned which doesn't affect me thankfully. The one good thing about being ginger is it rarely greys early ha.

While I've got you attention, do you have any opinion on shaving your head down to a zero guard 4 weeks after fue which is where I am at now? I have started the dreaded shed and all my transplanted hairs look shorter/more sparse than my regular hair so it looks like I've got two hairlines.

The dr said with me having pale skin zero guard may look okay.

shookwun

Reaction score
Thanks shookwun. To be honest it was the nurse/assistant that told me this and I've been back for a follow up since I started this thread and the doctor herself said it should be fine to use these but to avoid dye as you mentioned which doesn't affect me thankfully. The one good thing about being ginger is it rarely greys early ha.

While I've got you attention, do you have any opinion on shaving your head down to a zero guard 4 weeks after fue which is where I am at now? I have started the dreaded shed and all my transplanted hairs look shorter/more sparse than my regular hair so it looks like I've got two hairlines.

The dr said with me having pale skin zero guard may look okay.
It's all relative and up to your preference.