Hair falling out where hair transplant was performed...

shauree

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im new to the discussion forum, and has a couple of questions. Its been almost three months since ive had the hair transplant surgery, and I was wondering a couple of things.
Here's a quick background. Im 24 and have a receding frontal line, including the tempal areas. After researching around my area (Chicago), everywhere from Bosley (stuck up), to MHR (uneasy feeling), to local doctors, I chose a Dr. Thomas Wentland (http://www.dr-wentland.com/id6.htm) whom I found comforting, to the point, and didnt seem BS around. He seem more genuinely concerned with me than my buck, and that went a long way for me.
First, how long does it normally take before you start to see the transplanted hair really start taking effect. Ive read anywhere from three to four to six months, but since many of you have already had the surgery, i figured that hearing it first hand would be better then hearing reading from a book. The doctor told me I should notice it at about four months, so im trying to be as patient as I possibly can.
Second, the doctor placed grafts one inch into my hairline to ensure that everything would blend in, and my concern has been that ive been noticing more and more of lately that the areas where the grafts were placed have been receding themselves. Im finding that hair is falling out of these areas. The question that I have is whether this is normal or not. This more than anything else has me a lil freaked out and eneasy, especially when im combing my hair.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and to respond. Im really looking forward to your replies...

Shauree

G

shauree said:
Hey everyone,

Im new to the discussion forum, and has a couple of questions. Its been almost three months since ive had the hair transplant surgery, and I was wondering a couple of things.
Here's a quick background. Im 24 and have a receding frontal line, including the tempal areas. After researching around my area (Chicago), everywhere from Bosley (stuck up), to MHR (uneasy feeling), to local doctors, I chose a Dr. Thomas Wentland (http://www.dr-wentland.com/id6.htm) whom I found comforting, to the point, and didnt seem BS around. He seem more genuinely concerned with me than my buck, and that went a long way for me.
First, how long does it normally take before you start to see the transplanted hair really start taking effect. Ive read anywhere from three to four to six months, but since many of you have already had the surgery, i figured tha

t hearing it first hand would be better then hearing reading from a book. The doctor told me I should notice it at about four months, so im trying to be as patient as I possibly can.
Second, the doctor placed grafts one inch into my hairline to ensure that everything would blend in, and my concern has been that ive been noticing more and more of lately that the areas where the grafts were placed have been receding themselves. Im finding that hair is falling out of these areas. The question that I have is whether this is normal or not. This more than anything else has me a lil freaked out and eneasy, especially when im combing my hair.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and to respond. Im really looking forward to your replies...

Shauree

3-6 months is normal

Some shock fallout is norma.

You need to be on the big three or your other hair will continue to fall out.

Minoxidil will help your new hair grow in faster.

Let me know ifyou have more questions.

shauree

Reaction score
To BruceLee: What are the big three...

What are the big three your talking about. I currently use propecia daily, rogaine once to twice daily, and Nizoral shampoo every third day. Is there anything that im missing or something that you or anyone would suggest? Please let me know and thanks...

Shauree

G

Re: To BruceLee: What are the big three...

shauree said:
What are the big three your talking about. I currently use propecia daily, rogaine once to twice daily, and Nizoral shampoo every third day. Is there anything that im missing or something that you or anyone would suggest? Please let me know and thanks...

Shauree

That is fine. Stay consistent with those three. If you want, you can toss in NANO shampoo on the other days but this is not essential.

Good luck.