Hair Falling Again, 2 Years Using Propecia

tyler94

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 26 years old and have been using Propecia for 2 years now. However, I have began to notice and increase in shedding for the first time in a long time. In the shower, I am seeing 20-30 strands fall out, whereas before I did not notice many (1-2 max).

Is this common? Has anyone else experience this?

I know 20-30 strands isn't much, but should I take this as a warning sign?

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's impossible to judge hair loss from counting hairs in the shower since you're not getting an accurate count and shedding hair is normal and natural for everyone, even people without hair loss. Shedding is a part of the hair growth cycle and could occur for any number of reasons. Instead of counting hairs, take regular pictures of your hair and compare the pictures across time to get an idea if you're losing hair.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's impossible to judge hair loss from counting hairs in the shower since you're not getting an accurate count and shedding hair is normal and natural for everyone, even people without hair loss. Shedding is a part of the hair growth cycle and could occur for any number of reasons. Instead of counting hairs, take regular pictures of your hair and compare the pictures across time to get an idea if you're losing hair.
Coolest name award

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey have you changed anything recently? Finasteride brand? You use anything else besides Finasteride? Ketaconazole or minoxidil.

Beniamino Von Humboldt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we are on the same boat... did you use/ are you using any other products along with finasteride?

I am considering adding some dutasteride once or twice a week if it keeps going like this

jazz1

Reaction score
I think we are on the same boat... did you use/ are you using any other products along with finasteride?

I am considering adding some dutasteride once or twice a week if it keeps going like this

What have you done different recently? Change medication brand? Stop minoxidil? Diet change?