Hair Fall Count? Is This Normal Or Not?

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
So after few days of anxiety I decided that today I track my hairfall count for the day and the results are as follows.
On Pillow: I noticed 8 hairs but most of them were small ones.
Shower: While rubbing my hands over my head I lost around 15-20 hairs but most of them were coming down singularly or in pair.
Combing after shower (wet hair): 10
Combing through out the day: 20
Finally oiling my hairs at 11:40pm: 25
I also clicked a picture of my hairfalls after oiling.
So what do you guys think plus my shedding has increased since the past few weeks. I know the average hairfall counts states around 100 but that sounds too much. I have a healthy hairline but I have a thinning crown and I am 20 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_20170511_235923.jpg
    IMG_20170511_235923.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 386

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would see a doctor if it doesn't go back to normal soon .. I started like you, seeing an increase in my daily shed after a bad period in my life. I waited 3 months to see if it would stop, but when i saw it didn't i went to the doctor and she told me my hair was thinning due to male pattern baldness..
So... Even if its not your case, it's best to seek an expert soon rather than later

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would see a doctor if it doesn't go back to normal soon .. I started like you, seeing an increase in my daily shed after a bad period in my life. I waited 3 months to see if it would stop, but when i saw it didn't i went to the doctor and she told me my hair was thinning due to male pattern baldness..
So... Even if its not your case, it's best to seek an expert soon rather than later
I am thinking about starting on 1mg of finasteride, since I have thinning of crown and I won't take any risk. So how is finasteride working for you?

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's the best thing to do but i would go see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis.
As for me, it's hard to say if it's working. My Doctor said to give the treatment a good 6-12 months run before any conclusions and I'm currently still in the first month. :rolleyes: But honestly I haven't seen anything positive worth mentioning yet ..
My hair in general is a bit thinner than before and also shedding more, maybe it's the minoxidil doing it's thing .. who knows..

As for sides, nothing special either. Some days my libido is a little lower and it takes more time for the soldier to get ready but it's quite rare.
I was really afraid of taking finasteride because of the horror stories i read, but it's been a pleasant surprise. Hope it stays that way lol

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's the best thing to do but i would go see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis.
As for me, it's hard to say if it's working. My Doctor said to give the treatment a good 6-12 months run before any conclusions and I'm currently still in the first month. :rolleyes: But honestly I haven't seen anything positive worth mentioning yet ..
My hair in general is a bit thinner than before and also shedding more, maybe it's the minoxidil doing it's thing .. who knows..

As for sides, nothing special either. Some days my libido is a little lower and it takes more time for the soldier to get ready but it's quite rare.
I was really afraid of taking finasteride because of the horror stories i read, but it's been a pleasant surprise. Hope it stays that way lol
Honestly one month is too quick to say anything. But goodluck hopefully finasteride works out for you.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, hope it works for you too!