Hair fall after PRP treatment and minoxidil stoppage

joshrocker

Reaction score
Hi..I am facing hair loss from past one year. I consulted doctor and he recommended to use minoxidil. I have been using minoxidil from past 6months. I could see the results like hair fall is controlled but not fully. So i consulted another doctor. He recommended PRP treatment.

I Undergone my first sitting of PRP and doctor asked to stop minoxidil and start using Tricobest hair serum. Its been 20days after first PRP sitting and using Hair serum with BIOTIN capsules. But from past 10days i am having hairfall. I am not sure why hairfall started again. Is it due to minoxidil stoppage or hair serum usage or PRP. Can anyone clear my doubts

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi..I am facing hair loss from past one year. I consulted doctor and he recommended to use minoxidil. I have been using minoxidil from past 6months. I could see the results like hair fall is controlled but not fully. So i consulted another doctor. He recommended PRP treatment.

I Undergone my first sitting of PRP and doctor asked to stop minoxidil and start using Tricobest hair serum. Its been 20days after first PRP sitting and using Hair serum with BIOTIN capsules. But from past 10days i am having hairfall. I am not sure why hairfall started again. Is it due to minoxidil stoppage or hair serum usage or PRP. Can anyone clear my doubts

Never heard of this "tricobest serum".
Yes, the most probable reason is that you stopped minoxidil , it certainly leads to hair shedding.
Biotin is also dubious, from my experience, i had shedding from it.

joshrocker

Reaction score
Never heard of this "tricobest serum".
Yes, the most probable reason is that you stopped minoxidil , it certainly leads to hair shedding.
Biotin is also dubious, from my experience, i had shedding from it.

Do i need to continue minoxidil ? if so how long..or by stopping minoxidil and with ongoing PRP sittings is it okay that hair fall can be controlled?

joshrocker

Reaction score
completed 3 sittings of prp but of no use..Hair fall increased a lot after 2nd and 3rd sitting.Daily i am losing minimum 100 strands of hair:(. But doctor is saying to continue prp for 8 sittings.I am afraid i may go completely bald. I am going to stop the procedure and get back to minoxidil.

Tillu

My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP is more effective when complimented with medication after PRP treatment. Try combination of the following:

Biotin based tablets
Lycopene based tablets
Finasteride based tablets
Minoxidil Topical solution 5%

PRP is not a permanent solution as one can get DHT prone after a period