Hair easily pulled out...(pic)

skyline09

Reaction score
Anyone find it easy to pull out a hair or two if you use your index finger and thumb by tugging moderately hard? Preferably to people with a # 2, 3, 4 shaved head cause I never used to experience this before I shaved my head. And if my situation looks anything like yours, have you had any success with finasteride and nizoral or just in general those two combined. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6401.JPG
    IMG_6401.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 2,461

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
I experience this after I buzz to # 2. I have asked this same question in the past and have the same hair pattern like you.

For me though when I do the pinch or tug test i get 1-2 hairs everytime from all over the head including sides.

I have suspected Telogen Effluvium caused by minoxidil and finasteride usage. After stopping minoxidil this has reduced a lot. I am still on finasteride and now when I do the test every 3rd or 4th time I get hairs. On the sides its thickened up and the hairs are strong and I can hardly pull them out even with a tug test.

Waiting for the thickening to gradually come across my scalp, but I am still shedding in the scalp and temple regions.

BTW I also apply minoxidil just below the hairline only.

skyline09

Reaction score
Thanks icdalite...btw how long have you been using finasteride?..I've been on it for about a month now..My sides have thinned out somewhat aswell even before I started finasteride..It's strange cause my hairline is still there but the hairs just seem to come out all over the scalp..I too get hairs every 3rd or 4th time I pull..I try to restrain myself from doing this as it obviously can't help the situation. But the way I look at it is that if they come out quite easily when I pull then they're going to come out eventually anyways. I've also noticed like two or three hairs at the very beginning of my hair line in the middle grew back within 2 and a half weeks of finasteride usage, hope this means the other hair that falls will atleast grow back.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just completed a year on fincar. My hairline matured about 6 months ago as soon as I quit minoxidil. It in a way was taking my hairline within gradually.

But the outline (hairline ) is still there, it just needs to thicken up and little regwroth all round and I will be fine. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see substantial hair shed for a year every single day.
But it is obviously growing back (only the ones I shed though) else I would have gone slick bald by now....

skyline09

Reaction score
Has the finasteride atleast maintained what you had when you started it? I can't really tell if what I'm going through is a shed or not cause I lose about 75-100 hairs I notice every day and yet my hair looks the same. I'm only a month in so I suppose I need to be patient.

rint

Reaction score
I'm not on ANY medications. Only Nizoral shampoo every 2 days.
I just got a haircut and got the sides/back beck area shaved.
I have noticed that I can pull 3-5 (thin, blondish) everytime I give it a tug!
What is with this? Anyone have any explanation?

This doesn't I'm going bald everywhere, right?

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
YES you are going to bald within 1 and half year................ :sobbing: :thumbdown2:

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
raj47 said:
YES you are going to bald within 1 and half year................ :sobbing: :thumbdown2:

What the f..? What are you on raj47!!?!?!?!

This guy has a balding crown which is minor. Even if he did not use anything, his hairloss will take as long as 5 years to 10 years to go completely bald. i.e. norwood>6.

The only way he will be bald within 1 and half years, if he stresses everyday, does'nt sleep and does not eat properly.

Just to say, your balding is only on the crown and if you go on propecia, this will fill back in.