Hair cuts

Actb4NW6

Reaction score
im in the same situation as you mate.....mine tends to look best when its mid-forehead length on top and slightly shorter back and sides, then i can flatten it a little b4 making it curl up, concealing my scalp and showing me to have a reasonable head of hair.....basically, if you saw me down the street u wouldnt think i was balding (not sounding big-headed, have been told so by friends).

A bit detailed but as a fellow thinner u've got to realise u need to put a bit more effort into styling ur hair to conceal the thinness as much as possible!

young gun

Reaction score
Sounds like we have the same kind of hair loss. You can not tell I have hairloss when my hair is dry. You can tell though when it is windy outside or wet. My question though was by cutting it shorter like a fade, will my hairloss be less noticible. The reason why I ask is because I live where it is very windy and I constantly worry that the wind is messing my hair up and making me look balder.

Actb4NW6

Reaction score
well, the longer ur hair the more obvious the balding will be during windy conditions. However it will provide better cover during other times i.e. when ur inside (presumably most of the time), so its up to u really...... i leave it a little longer so that at least it looks fairly normal MOST of the time..... i hear you about the windy conditions though...it makes me VERY self-conscious when walking straight into wind espacially if im on a busy road during rush hour where yoou have to walk past a million cars!!!

G

young gun am in the exact same situation bro. hair looks great when it's not windy or rainy, etc. looks like it does in my avatar. but when it's nasty out, looks a ton worse.

mjd50

Reaction score
You can try it short and see what you think. I worry about it less when it is short. When it is short you can't comb, or style much. Not having those options kind of forces me to deal with it the way it is. (if that makes any sense)... less stress over it.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that enough hair to conceal the thinning but not enough hair to style is the ideal length for peace of mind.