Hair Congress 2015

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
In a couple months will be the annual Hair Congress, this year being held in Miami from November 18-21.

Website here: http://hair2015.org/
Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/WCHR2015
Twitter Page here: https://twitter.com/2015WCHR

Confirmed speakers:
Dr. George Cotsarels, Angela Christiano, Ken Washenik and interestingly: Sarah Millar. That's a key name because Sarah Millar not only does work for Follica alongside Dr. Cotsarelis, but she's also doing work with Samumed... there's a bit of buzz going around them seeing how they're already in clinical trials and are as legit as Follica.

Here's the program poster:

ScheduleAtAGlance.gif

Unfortunately, I don't see Dr. Roland Lauster's OR Dr. Colin Jahoda's name anywhere... or Dr. Tsuji's. This is disappointing as those guys are at the very top. If anyone has any info on them taking part, please post your findings. There's been some talk about doing another round of collaborated funding to send someone again to this congress. BTT has mentioned sending Desmond once again, or myself. I'd love to go, but I'm still undecided and will only go if the forums really want me to. I haven't touched base with any of the researchers from last year as I had been in touch with them last year to setup the interviews for Desmond, but we'll see what happens.

Anyway, will be an interesting congress... I'm mostly curious about what is Samumed's formula.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it is a disappointment not seeing lauster. On the other hand, this is a good opportunity to know about the overall status quo. I can't go but this would donate for someone to go.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just saw this:

http://www.tissuse.com/news_events.html

The Miami congress listed. Tissuse is lead by Dr. Uwe Marx, one of the guys that was on the Dr. Lauster team. I don't care much about the organ on a chip thing they have (although great work), i think we all just wanna know when their solution for hair loss is going to actually lead to somewhere.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on BTT too and would definitely and gladly help fund you and Desmond.

Reaction score
Me too. Rumour has it he'll be introducing SwissTemples as the keynote speaker!

My worst enemy. :firing::bigun2:

I slowly start to love him though.
We are similar and there's a connection between us. :wub:
He could be the future version of me, even though he didn't notice yet.

bestglycol

Reaction score
bestglycol

I can't wait for Dr. Uwe Marx. I am surprised to not see Replace presenting here. So what I do.:confused:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do go, remember to buy a tripod and a super hd video recorder to record the whole thing and setup a youtube live stream channel.

Livestream will require access wifi with a fast upload speed, along with a laptop and enough juice in the battery.

Pointless when you can simply upload it permanently at the end of the day.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's true. Just remember to invest in a good quality tripod and hd camcorder. If needed, I'm happy to chip in and I'm sure others will be too.

If I go, I'll be recording with a Canon S120 and a Canon 70D. Both more than capable, don't worry about tripods and such, I do photography and design for a living.

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
Dr. Lauster will not attend the Hair Congress :(
However, Dr. Gerd Lindner will be there.

"My name is Dr. Gerd Lindner and I am responsible for the development of the cell therapy for alopecia at the Institute for Biotechnology headed by Prof. Lauster. He will not attend the Miami meeting, but a colleague of mine will give a talk and we will present posters at the congress."

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the email Dr. Gerd Lindner sent me btw

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Lauster will not attend the Hair Congress :(
However, Dr. Gerd Lindner will be there.

"My name is Dr. Gerd Lindner and I am responsible for the development of the cell therapy for alopecia at the Institute for Biotechnology headed by Prof. Lauster. He will not attend the Miami meeting, but a colleague of mine will give a talk and we will present posters at the congress."

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the email Dr. Gerd Lindner sent me btw

I have a feeling it will be Beren Atac again doing a presentation, she was there last year with Gerd Lindner, don't see why they wouldnt go together again. Her english is pretty good too.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed there is a bit more activty over at this forum. That f**ken BTT forum Winston d*ckhead keeps deleting posts and closing threads for know reason.

Have we set up an account yet for the congress? There is a lot of keen members over there willing to chip in. And someone has organized a hotel. Lets get this moving. Hellouser are you going? or are we going to organize Desmond or someone else?

moskva

Reaction score
From what I read, Tsuji who has been dicking around ever since his lab cease to exist would probably come along with Washenik in that emerging therapy lecture. It would be interesting to ask what has he done with his promising finding in all these years.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed there is a bit more activty over at this forum. That f**ken BTT forum Winston d*ckhead keeps deleting posts and closing threads for know reason.

Have we set up an account yet for the congress? There is a lot of keen members over there willing to chip in. And someone has organized a hotel. Lets get this moving. Hellouser are you going? or are we going to organize Desmond or someone else?

Yeah, I noticed that too with regards to the first paragraph. We need to get some one over there that we trust like Desmond or Hellouser. The absolute last thing we need is Dr. Cole telling all of us second-hand on BTT how although the Congress was interesting, no new treatment for hair loss will come along for like 30 years. Obviously that view is tainted and untrue.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that too with regards to the first paragraph. We need to get some one over there that we trust like Desmond or Hellouser. The absolute last thing we need is Dr. Cole telling all of us second-hand on BTT how although the Congress was interesting, no new treatment for hair loss will come along for like 30 years. Obviously that view is tainted and untrue.

Should I start a poll thread to see how much cash we COULD raise rather than blindly donate and miss the mark?