Hair Cloning Almost Here?

rescue hair

Reaction score
That's really encouraging. Sure hope it works. But my question is, will it still manage to look better and thicker than a modern hair transplant? Will it look better to implant cells than to implant existing hairs?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They say 3-4 years for it to happen....i know thats a hope but wouldnt that be a good day?

jmoney32

Reaction score
sounds very promising but i dont like how bosleys name was in the article. i wnder if there is any healing time? if there isnt everyone will be getting this done! i am only 23 and on proscar and hopefully i can last for 3 or 4 more years

G

Sounds really interesting with the tiny skinscaffold. I was wondering about orientation and stuff but this seems really well thought out - compared to what Dr Gho is trying.

dbaser

Reaction score
Can anyone answer a really dumb newbie question?

Exactly how does the cloning process get applied to restoring hair?

Meaning: do they take existing hair samples, clone them, and then "plant" them on your head like any old hair transplant session? I'm aware of how the hair itself can be duplicated, but have never heard concrete info on how that translates to putting more hair on the head....

Thanks.

G

dbaser said:
Can anyone answer a really dumb newbie question?

Exactly how does the cloning process get applied to restoring hair?

Meaning: do they take existing hair samples, clone them, and then "plant" them on your head like any old hair transplant session? I'm aware of how the hair itself can be duplicated, but have never heard concrete info on how that translates to putting more hair on the head....

Thanks.

Read the article, it's all there.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3-4 years = supposed to be a cure.
3-4 years = more pussy

macquas2

Reaction score
this would make so many people happy if it were true, its bound to cost thousands when its first out though, i dont care what it costs, if it works ill pay it.

Hinde

Reaction score
I am going to make them transplant a million hairs onto my head. It's going to be the thickest head of hair ever. Impossible to comb.

G

I wonder how tight they can pack transplants? Never as thight as nature so forget about hair you can´t comb.

I´m curious over the amount of stemcells that can be harvested from 1 follicle and how many cycles that cell can go through without being corrupted.

If they manage to up the amount of transplants from todays 4000 - 5000 to 30 000 then I will be severly impressed but keep in mind that the hairs suceptible to DHT are around 70 000 (numbers from Newhairclinic.com).

I´m really hopeful and fairly optimistic. If this turns out to be true and in just 4 years from now :D.

Hmmm this forum turned too optimistic - back to good old gloomy days.

G

Is this the sort of thing you can try at home, I have a pestle and morter and two empty minoxidil bottle?

Anyone seen Kevin Fretwell?

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
The most promising thing about this article is that Washenik says that the procedure will be developed within three to four years. He said back in 2002 that it would be five years. That means they are more or less on schedule. Compare this with everyone else who says, "Oh it will be ready in five years." And then 2 or 3 years later, it's still five years away.

I'm skeptical that this procedure will be all that we are hoping, but I'm hopeful nonetheless.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hinde said:
I am going to make them transplant a million hairs onto my head. It's going to be the thickest head of hair ever. Impossible to comb.

im going to have a billion all over my body and change my name legaly to APE man and i wil live in the zoo jerking off on passing japanese tourists.