Hair Began To Thin 6 Years Ago But Stopped

MFW17

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair started to thin when I was 24. I’ve almost always buzzed my head so my hair cut regiment hasn’t changed much over the years. I’ve noticed my hair has stayed exactly the same since I first noticed it was thinning which was 5-6 years ago. I’ve read a few things about possible reversal and was curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and could lend a bit of advice to regrowing my hair.
I was pretty content with my hair for years but have recently began feeling a bit self conscious about it for some reason.
My hair is not behaving like what I’ve seen from others so I feel like there has to be a solution. I refuse to use any products that cause rapid hair loss if you stop and I really don’t want to spend hours using shampoos 2-3times/day. Any help would be much appreciated.

MFW17

My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2019-3-24_21-0-59.jpeg

My hair is naturally thin to begin with so it was easy to notice when it happened. I also had some of my facial hair in my sideburn area that fell out temporarily a few years ago but grew back about a month later.

Allen Li

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 115676
My hair is naturally thin to begin with so it was easy to notice when it happened. I also had some of my facial hair in my sideburn area that fell out temporarily a few years ago but grew back about a month later.
When you first noticed your hairloss it was as thin as it is now?

MFW17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say but pretty close. I usually cut my hair with a 1 attachment on my clippers and when I have a fresh cut it’s hardly noticeable. One time I let it grow for a few weeks and a coworker said something to me and I’d say it was pretty much how it is now. My hairline hasn’t receded at all either.

Allen Li

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say but pretty close. I usually cut my hair with a 1 attachment on my clippers and when I have a fresh cut it’s hardly noticeable. One time I let it grow for a few weeks and a coworker said something to me and I’d say it was pretty much how it is now. My hairline hasn’t receded at all either.
Wow man you caught your hairloss really late.

MFW17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well like I said it was pretty much ok with it for a long time. I’ve only really started becoming self conscious about it within the last few months for some reason. I’m on the verge at the point of going to the doctor and getting an expert opinion. My wife gives me a hard time for being self conscious. She could care less but it’s still hard to cope with losing your hair before turning 30.

Allen Li

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well like I said it was pretty much ok with it for a long time. I’ve only really started becoming self conscious about it within the last few months for some reason. I’m on the verge at the point of going to the doctor and getting an expert opinion. My wife gives me a hard time for being self conscious. She could care less but it’s still hard to cope with losing your hair before turning 30.
Yea man go visit a dermatoligist

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair started to thin when I was 24. I’ve almost always buzzed my head so my hair cut regiment hasn’t changed much over the years. I’ve noticed my hair has stayed exactly the same since I first noticed it was thinning which was 5-6 years ago. I’ve read a few things about possible reversal and was curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and could lend a bit of advice to regrowing my hair.
I was pretty content with my hair for years but have recently began feeling a bit self conscious about it for some reason.
My hair is not behaving like what I’ve seen from others so I feel like there has to be a solution. I refuse to use any products that cause rapid hair loss if you stop and I really don’t want to spend hours using shampoos 2-3times/day. Any help would be much appreciated.

Why at this point do you care? You said your content with your hairloss and your pretty much shaving bald anyway. Also you don't want to take something that will cause loss if you stop. Well why would you take it if you plan to stop? Your post makes zero sense. Keep shaving and live your life

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why at this point do you care? You said your content with your hairloss and your pretty much shaving bald anyway. Also you don't want to take something that will cause loss if you stop. Well why would you take it if you plan to stop? Your post makes zero sense. Keep shaving and live your life
I've seen people (on this platform) having some good result on the big 3 starting at about the same stage...

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen people (on this platform) having some good result on the big 3 starting at about the same stage...
Let me break this down and hopefully you understand. Min, finasteride, dutasteride, nizoral. Are treatments not cures! When you start, more likely than not you will experience a shed. Then you will go through a thickening stage. Your hair becomes dependent on those treatments and when you stop you will lose all your gains if not more. Especially with minoxidil! Those new hairs are addicted to that drug, and when you stop they check out

MFW17

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have concerns about possible errectile disfunction or other negative side effects which would likely result in me stopping the treatments. I’ve read a bit about rapid, further loss after stopping treatments and that’s my main issue. I’ve also read about vitamin deficiencies, stress, etc. that contribute to hair loss and may be easily rectified. Next step will be going to the doctor to determine the proper course of action.
Once again thanks for the positive responses.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 115676

Man... It's already over. At this point it's like trying to do CPR on a rotting corpse

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me break this down and hopefully you understand. Min, finasteride, dutasteride, nizoral. Are treatments not cures! When you start, more likely than not you will experience a shed. Then you will go through a thickening stage. Your hair becomes dependent on those treatments and when you stop you will lose all your gains if not more. Especially with minoxidil! Those new hairs are addicted to that drug, and when you stop they check out
And I didn't say otherwise. I said that these treatments can end in good results. Once you stop them you lose any gain.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man... It's already over. At this point it's like trying to do CPR on a rotting corpse
If he is a good responder he can have decent results, depending on his expectations. If all those miniturised hair thicken up, hmit can look a lot denser though probably only short buzzed. Is it worth the possible risk? It's for him to say

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have concerns about possible errectile disfunction or other negative side effects which would likely result in me stopping the treatments. I’ve read a bit about rapid, further loss after stopping treatments and that’s my main issue. I’ve also read about vitamin deficiencies, stress, etc. that contribute to hair loss and may be easily rectified. Next step will be going to the doctor to determine the proper course of action.
Once again thanks for the positive responses.
This is not lack of vitamins hair loss. It's straight up male pattern baldness. Either take the risks and try the appropriate treatments or make peace with it. Don't waste time and monwy w/ onion juice and other bs.