Hair Around Temple Thinning On Only 1 Side

manaphy1997

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Pretty new here, so I have a few questions... I've noticed that my hairline is faided back on my right side, but not so much my left, so I was wondering:

1. Is this natural? Probably nothing I'm doing wrong eh?
2. What can I do (if I can do anything) to combat this?

Thanks!
2017-02-01 18.34.28.jpg2017-02-01 18.34.53.jpg

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how long ago did you notice the recession? You have recession on both sides for sure however I can see it a bit worse on your right. If you want to combat it you will absolutely need to take finasteride.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
It's actually perfectly natural for one side to recede more than the other. It's unfortunate as it can make the hairline look worse, but it happens.

Your options for combating hair loss are limited, but the main choices are finasteride, and minoxidil.

The first is finasteraide, which is a presciption you take orally that inhibits DHT, there are side effects, but do yourself a favour and steer clear of self-researching the prescription. Talk with your doctor and get the actual facts.

The second would be minoxidil, it's a topical that you apply as a liquid or a foam based on whichever you decide to use. The liquid takes awhile to dry, but I consider it good for night time application. While the foam dries fast, and is much easier to apply, I typically used the foam in the morning. Minoxidil you should apply twice daily good results, but I've noticed gains, and have been maintaining well on a one time application. (I originally stated with two times a day.)

The issue with these options are they are life time commitments. If you discontinue you will lose your results, and it does take quite some time to even start to see results. Typically 6 months is when you'll notice some improvement, and 1 and 2 year marks are when you get fairly good results. Another thing I want to let you know is that your hair will get worse before it gets better on these two treatments, as you will go through a shed, which is a sign that they're working. A lot of people tend to discontinue use once this happens as it can cause some psychological stress, but its important to push through this. Anyways sorry to ramble, but I hope this information is helpful to you, and there are some other options but these are more known to work.

manaphy1997

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are absolute beauts! I had absolutely no idea what options there were to consider, and I will most definitely look into both finasteraide and minoxidil!

I did start to notice the recession about 6 months ago, and I feel as if its gotten a bit worse over that time! Ive also recently tried to dye the very small hairs on the side there that dont appear due to them being completely white, and it seems to help a bit!

Thank you!