had transplant but didnt do the big 3. pics added

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 28 i had a hair transplant early 20s and tried minoxidil for 2 months but stopped coz i hated the residue and didnt think i could commit and propecia for several months (maybe 6) back in the day, i thought i was developing man boobs but now im thinking maybe its due to some weight gain, so i stopped the propecia.

So now they have the foam and i wanna try it if it absorbs completely in few minutes then its perfect and thinking of giving propecia another shot. I am older now, and now that the transplant is more apparent, i think i should (well should have stuck with this years ago) but i feel more like i can commit to this.

Im also gonna get nizoral if i find it. Am I doing the right thing? I just need some feedback. thanks guys.

photoqaq.jpg

photo3sod.jpg

photo6sq.jpg

photo4vz.jpg

photo2kyx.jpg

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: had transplant but didnt do the big 3

But before you watch the videos realize that it is a very small risk to have lasting sides with finasteride, much smaller of a risk than dieing from taking other medicines that Im sure you have taken in the past. The great majority of people that get bad finasteride sides, quit finasteride and the sides go away in a few days to a few weeks. Risk vrs reward my friend.

DM5sadouche

Reaction score

guy83 said:
Im 28 i had a hair transplant early 20s and tried minoxidil for 2 months but stopped coz i hated the residue and didnt think i could commit and propecia for several months (maybe 6) back in the day, i thought i was developing man boobs but now im thinking maybe its due to some weight gain, so i stopped the propecia.

So now they have the foam and i wanna try it if it absorbs completely in few minutes then its perfect and thinking of giving propecia another shot. I am older now, and now that the transplant is more apparent, i think i should (well should have stuck with this years ago) but i feel more like i can commit to this.

Im also gonna get nizoral if i find it. Am I doing the right thing? I just need some feedback. thanks guys.

Early 20's is kind of young for a hair transplant. Most docs would caution you against having it that young since you would continue losing other non transplanted hairs as you matured.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score

unfortunately Bosley do not care about the well being of a patient like me, all they wanted was the money. I wish i did not do the hair transplant, it's my biggest regret. I just found Porscar after searching for it in several pharmacies (I like in the UAE) and got Rogaine (too bad they dont have the foam, which i will try to order online through eBay). And got Nizoral, and I am just gonna keep on this, hoping I wont lose anymore but of course would like to have some regrowth to hide again the horrible transplant. I will keep on this regimen for as long as I can. I am determined now to do so until the day some miracle finally happen (hoping Histogen will be effective and come out in the next 4 years or so).

BenVegas01

Reaction score

guy83 said:
unfortunately Bosley do not care about the well being of a patient like me, all they wanted was the money. I wish i did not do the hair transplant, it's my biggest regret. I just found Porscar after searching for it in several pharmacies (I like in the UAE) and got Rogaine (too bad they dont have the foam, which i will try to order online through eBay). And got Nizoral, and I am just gonna keep on this, hoping I wont lose anymore but of course would like to have some regrowth to hide again the horrible transplant. I will keep on this regimen for as long as I can. I am determined now to do so until the day some miracle finally happen (hoping Histogen will be effective and come out in the next 4 years or so).

So can you describe what the transplant looks like now? Do you have a linear scar?

How much hair do you think you've lost since you had the transplant?

How many grafts did they do?

Thanks for answering the questions, they might help advise your best course of action

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score

i cant remember how many grafts but the whole surgery was like 3500 - 4000 maybe that would give u an estimate of maybe how many that was. I have a scar on the back of my head above behind the right eat.

I buzzed my hair with clipper last night so it doesnt look obvious but the scar is now exposed. the longer the hair the more obvious the transplant.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Joe-1991 said:

I sick of this guy spamming the boards with his scaremongering, why haven't moderators given him a warning?

It's getting ridiculous, stop trying to scare people you miserable sod.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score

oh i agree. I hope the mods do something.

I am fully aware that results are different from person to person and if minoxidil or finasteride gonna damage my hair, it's still a gamble i'm willing to take. At least I tried what I could.

bunchies

Reaction score

you could give spironolactone or revivogen a shot ?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score

i just started the big 3. i will reconsider my regimen after a year or so from now if things dont work out well.

bigblackattack

Established Member
Reaction score

I have been on Finasteride for 3 years and have had no sexual problems. I can have sex whenever I want and masterbate just easily. MY doctor put me on for some testical pain that may or may not be cause from prostate problems. I also have a pretty bad receeding hairline so it is a double win.

I guess everyone reacts differently. The only problems I have are a lot of tiredness and I have gained a lot of weight over the last 2 years. Those things may be unrelated to the drug though, I am lazy. I don't even know if those are side effects of finasteride.

Point is, don't be scared just because some people are unlucky.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score

im not scared i am willing to try this for a year no matter what the outcome may be.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
So I updated my thread the first page with pics of my head. I have a big forehead but i cant figure out if im Norwood 3 or 4.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
and could one of the mods please move it to the other section telling your story. i think this thread belongs there. thanks

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
so finasteride for 4 days now, i feel that im not getting erected as I used too. does this usually continue or does it go away. how long should i wait?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
actually i just had a very strong erection, but prior to it, i was erect and id lose it faster than usual. still unlucky?