Had a system installed in Vancouver, BC at a salon but have had problems.

Biochemist

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my first system installed by a professional but was very unhappy with what they had installed. It was a lace piece with a poly perimeter but the poly had been dyed a dark brown colour and made it look like I was wearing a headband. The person who installed it didn’t say anything to me after installing and styling (I wanted a hair style with a visible hairline). It made me feel like they just picked a random system and installed it. The next day the lace started to wrinkle and it felt like there was a bubble around the crown of my head. I ended up contacting them and they agreed to install a new system (free of charge). The new system is great, but it is wrinkling a lot - it feels like my head is a ripple chip (wrinkling started hours after install). It is also migrating away from where they shaved my head so there is a gap between my bio hair and the system.

Is this normal and typical of hair systems? Has anyone had this happen after install from a professional?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Systems can wrinkle from time to time due to a defect during manufacturer. Two in a row and I start to think it's the installer. The fact that it migrated, even more evidence that it was the installer.

Find a new salon, and try and get a refund.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed with the above post.

Normally there shouldn't be severe regression. I've worn an all poly and it never really "shrunk" away from my surrounding bio-hair.

Biochemist

My Regimen
Reaction score
Systems can wrinkle from time to time due to a defect during manufacturer. Two in a row and I start to think it's the installer. The fact that it migrated, even more evidence that it was the installer.

Find a new salon, and try and get a refund.
Thanks for the reply! I have a follow up tomorrow with them and will see what they say about the wrinkling. But it’s good to know that it isn’t normal!