Had a nice hair loss dream last night...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the worst hairloss related nightmare ever last night! It felt so real I had to double check to be sure that it wasn't really happening. So what happened in my dream was I suddenly had 4 testicles :D due to finasteride. I had 2 ball sacks like normal, but they both had 2 testicles inside and my balls looked mighty big. Then I went to the bathroom to check my hair and saw a definite regrowth and thought what the f***, the extra testicles can surely be removed, I'm gonna continue on finasteride. Twisted, huh?!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sometimes we dream of what we desire the most. Always used to dream I had my hair back during those tough adjustment years. Those were always the worst to wake up from because reality is there to break your heart.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Sometimes we dream of what we desire the most. Always used to dream I had my hair back during those tough adjustment years. Those were always the worst to wake up from because reality is there to break your heart.

Do you still have them? I still have the dream all the time but of course I think about it all the time anyway so it's natural for it to creep into my dreams.

Hoppi

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Sorry to butt in here man but I'm just trying to help - if it bothers you so much and you don't think you can regrow why not just get a hair system like in some cool style and then go on with that? Life's too short to not look the way you wanna :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
And yeah I'm sure I've had hair loss dreams too. It's on my mind a lot as I'm sure people can tell xD

It doesn't usually bother me tons though as I know how common it is for guys, so I understand that it's something that many people have to deal with at some stage.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
uncomfortable man said:

Sorry to butt in here man but I'm just trying to help - if it bothers you so much and you don't think you can regrow why not just get a hair system like in some cool style and then go on with that? Life's too short to not look the way you wanna :)

UCman is a real bald guy living in the real world he's 35 yrs old, its not as easy as just putting a wig on your head and - hey presto problem solved.

Hoppi

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hoppi said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":qcmeji9b]Sometimes we dream of what we desire the most. Always used to dream I had my hair back during those tough adjustment years. Those were always the worst to wake up from because reality is there to break your heart.

UCman is a real bald guy living in the real world he's 35 yrs old, its not as easy as just putting a wig on your head and - hey presto problem solved.[/quote:qcmeji9b]

why?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hoppi said:

because it would be trading one inconvenience for another.... much like how I would choose the physical discomfort of wearing a beanie in the summertime over the emotional discomfort of exposing my bald head to the unforgiving public and having to endure their negative attention. Well, when I put it that way I suppose I have the potential to wear but I still think it would make me uncomfortable in just a different, paranoid way. We all know how paranoid I am and it is so much easier to just put a hat on it and get on with my day.

Hoppi

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Hoppi said:

because it would be trading one inconvenience for another.... much like how I would choose the physical discomfort of wearing a beanie in the summertime over the emotional discomfort of exposing my bald head to the unforgiving public and having to endure their negative attention. Well, when I put it that way I suppose I have the potential to wear but I still think it would make me uncomfortable in just a different, paranoid way. We all know how paranoid I am and it is so much easier to just put a hat on it and get on with my day.

heh, maybe :)

Personally though if it were me I would get one without even questioning it! I'm sure I've bored you with this before but it was this guy who put my mind at rest:

[youtube:3fkctc0d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7RkwUS3Dtw[/youtube:3fkctc0d]

Just because I think it looks so natural and casual! I was really impressed :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Hoppi said:

UCman is a real bald guy living in the real world he's 35 yrs old, its not as easy as just putting a wig on your head and - hey presto problem solved.

Hoppi said:

:doh:

FFS do you think its easy to be mr chrome dome one day then automaticly walk out of your door the next with a full mop of hair?? :jackit:

Having to face freinds , work colleagues, neighbours ect all of them knowing that you've got a rug glued to your head and nobodies going to bat an eyelid!!!

Then theres the hassle of maintanence and the ongoing expense and always wondering 'can people tell'?

Hoppi you just dont get it, :shakehead: with your long hippy hair that no one apart from you sees any hairloss in. :thumbdown2:
Walking around with a slick skin dome is a million miles away from what you are experiencing.

Hoppi

Reaction score
hm, I do see your point but it would never stop me from just doing it! I would be like "Screw you, I'm looking however the hell I want!" ^^

But erm, I do actually have pretty aggressive diffuse thinning and dandruff, hence my intense amount of concern and time spent trying to sort it out! Just because someone's hair might START long and thick doesn't mean that it's any more immune to (diffuse) male pattern baldness than anyone else!

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's not that easy. I am balder that OCMan and HAVE worn a piece before. It's a living hell. You think just because it looked good in a video, it always looks like that? It doesn't. You have to worry around ANY wind, any rain. Then it sheds and looks horrible. I can't begin to describe to you how bad it gets when it looks like that. And of course, the sun. You can't really go in the sun a lot because the hair turns red after a while. All of these have happened to me. And I got them from a bunch of different places;some reputable some not so much.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately wig isn't really an option for anyone who wants to keep on living, you know, with ppl. Too much hassle.

Hoppi

Reaction score
ghg said:
Yeah unfortunately wig isn't really an option for anyone who wants to keep on living, you know, with ppl. Too much hassle.

again I think a few too many assumptions get thrown around here. Problem is if you cast too many things aside with assumptions you end up with nothing left! lol

Although yeah of course I do agree that keeping your own hair is preferable to getting a piece.

Oh, HatPrisoner, did you try them from the best places? Out of interest did you try Hair Direct? Some of these places do look really good but others not so much o_O

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
ghg said:

again I think a few too many assumptions get thrown around here. Problem is if you cast too many things aside with assumptions you end up with nothing left! lol

Although yeah of course I do agree that keeping your own hair is preferable to getting a piece.

Oh, HatPrisoner, did you try them from the best places? Out of interest did you try Hair Direct? Some of these places do look really good but others not so much o_O

Yes I did. A bunch of the top ones. Mail order, stores, big chains, everything. How do you know they look good? Because you see it in a video or picture? You do realize that is advertising. You get to see them at their best. Do you think they would show one that is shedding and red? Who would buy them then?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If I wore, everyone who knows me as a bald man would know. It can't be a secret and that halfway defeats the purpose.... to fool people that you are one of them. :shock:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Exactly no matter how good it looks if people know its not your real hair they wont accept it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Exactly no matter how good it looks if people know its not your real hair they wont accept it.

What about transplanted hair? What do people think about that? Have you told anyone or have you kept it as a secret? And yes, this is a serious question, not a wind-up.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
s.a.f said:

What about transplanted hair? What do people think about that? Have you told anyone or have you kept it as a secret? And yes, this is a serious question, not a wind-up.

No I have'nt told anyone and never would, I used to buzz it before the hair transplant's and just slowly grew it out as the hair began to come in.
Yeah people would'nt be very accepting of hair transplant's unless it looked really natural and you were going from say NW2.5 back to NW1.5 or NW2. Because thats not too big of a change.
But the fact with hair transplant's is its your own real growing hair, its on your head 24/7 and requires zero maintanence. That makes it seem more natural/acceptable to people.
Whereas a wig is fake hair glued to your real bald head and it comes off and people know that the real (bald) you is underneath and would be forever imagining what you look like without it on.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought you said that you were a NW6... I don't know how you buzz that :dunno: . Weren't people curious when you suddenly had hair?