Had a double crown my entire life, no shedding, but possible thinning? Pics inside!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatevr the difference between you and the other 2 is that you aknowledge that there are risks but you made your choice and thats a human right you have no one can take that away from you.

What the other 2 above do is refusing to gain knowledge on the matter and spreading lies to the new community by telling them it is safe to block dht and using child talk like the 2% figure and when you're going bald it is so easy to take quick action without informing your doctor or educate yourself and this can have a massive impact in your life under the form of side effects and loss of confidence.

Furthermore these people often use the term of scaremongers to refer to anyone who has conducted appropriate research in the field of dht, who seeked scientific and medical opinions and who opted out of the approved drugs that are entitled to claim "hair loss drugs" doing very little and the minimum to be able to please regulatory agencies... I mean..isnt this called being in denial?

The info was presented to you and you deny its existance? Being retarded perhaps suits it better.

Anyway i am not judging anyone who takes dht blockers AT ALL ... I am only answering a question to present literature facts but a few offended virgins came to the topic.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am not living any kind of rose-tinted fairy tale where finasteride is perfectly safe. I know the facts, I read plenty about it. I know that it lowers neurosteroids in cerebrospinal fluid, I know that it inhibits other important hormones such as allopregnanolone, I know all that. I also know side effects are possible, I'm living them, but thankfully they are mild enough for me to be able to tolerate them, that is why I am still on the drug.

The thing is for me I didn't listen to any horror stories, nor did I listen to those who choose to be blindly ignorant to anything that might possibly go wrong. I simply went into taking the drug with a careful, observant attitude. After I weighed the pros and cons and decided that I would take that risk and give it a shot.

I urge people to make their decisions after researching on their own well enough for themselves. I also however think, that the majority of people should at least TRY the drug, because even if something starts to happen you can always just simply QUIT. Sure, it is theoretically possible to develop permanent side effects but the chances of that are probably equal to developing permanent side effects from something like, I don't know, aspirin? It's just one of those far-fetched possibilities. There's always a risk, as with anything in life. You have to decide for yourself.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Careful on what u read here, do ur own research. finasteride stops dht, dht is crucial for the neuro system, people here are unware of it or dismiss it. minoxidil will make your hair thirsty for dht and create extra dht receptors, once u stop minoxidil, all ur hair falls within months, it will drive you insane! If you're starting a family, I suggest you stay away from dht blockers, both for the ED effects and for the impact that it may have on ur sperm quality. People will disagree with me, but I back up my comments with literature knowledge, I don't spit out things just because.

latest

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't get dutasteride and finasteride mixed up idiot. dutasteride inhibits type 1 5ar, which is found in the brain, type 2 which finasteride inhibits is not.

Peace.

5AR type 2 is actually expressed in pretty significant amounts in spinal chord motor neurons. This means inhibition of type 2 can (in theory at least) have an impact on your nervous system, "idiot".

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
With any luck none of us here will have to be on finasteride longer than five years which is well covered by studies as being a fairly safe time span.

So whether you want to be balding and probably bald when the next line of treatments come, is up to you.

Suckers. I know the current treatments are crap, but just think back to the previous generations who didn't even have that. At least now you have a choice, it's a pretty ****ty one but you can actually DO SOMETHING. Against BALDNESS. Your dad didn't have that option.

Hi, you mentioned 5 years as a fairly safe time span... is there research stating the effectiveness of finasteride after 5 years of use and any dangers?

Do people usually stop finasteride after a few years and their hair loss stops or does it resume balding?

Thanks all. and I hope everybody will stop arguing. Everything has been very constructive and I'm taking it all in. Of course, I know I should do something instead of nothing, and if finasteride is the best for it, I'm definitely going to take the advice of the many members on this forum.

Happy Holidays and I look forward to hearing more advice and answers!