Habituation to dutasteride after some years (same with finasteride?)

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Lot of men do habituate to finasteride after some years (3-6) and the drug does lose his effectiveness...
Well, dutasteride is stronger than finasteride, but did you hear of people to whom dutasteride some years worked (great?) and then did recede?

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
there were two people on hairsite.com who had great results for 2.5 yrs., then lost everything. that scares the bejeezus out of me.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
harey said:
there were two people on hairsite.com who had great results for 2.5 yrs., then lost everything. that scares the bejeezus out of me.
OMG :freaked2: :freaked2:

peakhair

Reaction score
harey said:

I hope the user called "global" is not one of them?
His results were amazing.

Jon_e

Reaction score
I looked for the guys you talked about that had results that went away after 2.5 years and couldn't find their link... can you post a link for us?

Thanks

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the studies performed on Dutasteride have no long-term evaluations, in regards to hairloss. It's quite likely that 2.5 years from this date, right now, that even greater advances will be made for us. Medical science only gets better, so let's hope.

Happy New Year,

get drunk!

peakhair

Reaction score
Jon_e said:
I looked for the guys you talked about that had results that went away after 2.5 years and couldn't find their link... can you post a link for us?

Thanks

I think one of them is "Marco" just scroll through the second dutasteride forum and you´ll find him.

I found Global´s pics, maybe his results were´nt that amazing after all
but still pretty OK don´t you think?
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... &mode=full

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
I quite DONT think so amazing....!
How old is he?

Jon_e

Reaction score
Found it...

I think it's about 2 months after I cut down dutasteride to once or twice a week 5mg. I was on 5mg/day for 2.5 years

dutasteride caused a rapid increase in hair loss and recession.

A little of the thickness is returning but the recession is no better.

Hair growth on body and face is back to normal.

Skin is a little more oily.

Please don't ask why I don't give it up all together (I may be addicted). Could this be the ultimate unreported side effect.

I guess Macro had a "rapid increase in hair loss and recession" on dutasteride.... It doesn't sound like someone that took it for 2.5 years with good results, then lost those results, rather, maybe he never had results....

I really hope those things I've been reading about cloning/multiplication will come true soon... [/quote]

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
no offense jon-e, but i kinda hate newbies for the exact content of your post. yeah, i don't have 4342 posts, but i've been here lurking for awhile, have read basically every thread (or at least done my homework), and had an informed opinion even at my first post.

for you to say "i don't think anyone had..." is an innocent comment, but i didn't just post that for my health. i wouldn't know how to search for the specific post, but there are 23 pages or so, and it's towards the back. hopefully, the pair of guys gained their hair back. you would think they either did, or quit, because they don't have a million follow-up posts and such.

secondly, if you look on forums for HM and such, half of the supposedly reputable companies get investors/funding through their promises, and they're hardly doing anything at all. thirdly, read through those threads for awhile, and youll find that the common denominator is always "ten years away" it's been that way for awhile now, and there's no reason to think HM (or anything else is 10 or even 20 years away). granted, i think something better will be there.

finally, for the other comment, 2.5 years is nothing. avodart is only a different version of BPH medication -- it's not a hairloss advance. minoxidil came out 25 years ago, and not one new topical for hairloss has come out since. not one in this era of technology. finast came out in like 98, and we're almost at a ten year mark (nothing is in the works right now) where nothing else has happened. it's sad.

what's worse is, in five or ten years when something new comes out, it might be only slightly better than finasteride., more like dutasteride., and not like the next generation.

i don't say any of this to be nasty, just to be honest. sorry about that.

Jon_e

Reaction score
no offense jon-e, but i kinda hate newbies for the exact content of your post. yeah, i don't have 4342 posts, but i've been here lurking for awhile, have read basically every thread (or at least done my homework), and had an informed opinion even at my first post.

for you to say "i don't think anyone had..." is an innocent comment, but i didn't just post that for my health. i wouldn't know how to search for the specific post, but there are 23 pages or so, and it's towards the back. hopefully, the pair of guys gained their hair back. you would think they either did, or quit, because they don't have a million follow-up posts and such.

secondly, if you look on forums for HM and such, half of the supposedly reputable companies get investors/funding through their promises, and they're hardly doing anything at all. thirdly, read through those threads for awhile, and youll find that the common denominator is always "ten years away" it's been that way for awhile now, and there's no reason to think HM (or anything else is 10 or even 20 years away). granted, i think something better will be there.

finally, for the other comment, 2.5 years is nothing. avodart is only a different version of BPH medication -- it's not a hairloss advance. minoxidil came out 25 years ago, and not one new topical for hairloss has come out since. not one in this era of technology. finast came out in like 98, and we're almost at a ten year mark (nothing is in the works right now) where nothing else has happened. it's sad.

what's worse is, in five or ten years when something new comes out, it might be only slightly better than finasteride., more like dutasteride., and not like the next generation.

i don't say any of this to be nasty, just to be honest. sorry about that.

I agree the state of medical science as it relates to hair loss is very depressing. I find it frustrating there are so few medications for hair loss, and that other than minoxidil and Propecia and hair transplant's, there haven't been any medical breakthroughs.... I can think of 40 million American guys that would pay alot of money for a cure for this. (Well 40 million minus the guys who just shave their heads) I think the people working on cloning or hair multiplication are aware of this, and I remain cautiously optimistic for that solution. Anyway, the only reason I posted the quote I did was to show that the guy named 'Marco' didn't say he had positive results, then 2.5 years later, his hair fell out. "Marco's" quote made it sound like he had bad results from the start of his treatment... which is something I have seen from alot of users....... I'm just trying to find stories from guys who have had positive results on dutasteride, then had hair loss after taking it for a while...

peakhair

Reaction score
Maybe it was´nt Marco, sorry about that Jon. :oops:
I share your optimism about hair cloning.
Like you said there must be a huge market for anyone finding
a definite solution to this problem.
Not just men suffer from this but also millions of women
all over the world, but until then if I could get results like
global did I would be thrilled.