Habits and Vices

Jonas

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what habits we male pattern baldness sufferers share. Who here smokes cigarettes? Uses drugs? Has sex alot? Exercises?

I stopped working out for about 2 years and thats about how long it took for my temple hair to diminish. I do not exercise at all now, besides sex.

I've always smoked about 12 cigarettes a day. I started picking up on smoking weed in the past year. Ive always drank about twice a week. I dabbled in cocaine for about half a year (I party alot).

Oh, and I eat alot yet im very slim.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Let's see....I work and I hang out here and I exercise once in awhile and I'll order pizza now and then and I play with my kids and I stare too much into the mirror and I fight with my wife and I make up with my wife and I drive my car and I go places, places like the market and the office and the baseball game and the practice range and the nursery and the school and the restaurant and of course, the computer shop where I can get everything needed to pursue my biggest habit:

the hunting of finasteride, online and cheap.

jerry grant

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
yea what he said. I do all that stuff too, plus I smoke weed :smoke:

powersam

Reaction score
see the thing is this would be extremely useful information but noones replying :( i personally smoke , drink a reasonable amount , very little exercise , sometimes recreational drugs. basically im doing everything wrong :)

what ive also noticed is alot of people who have bad side effects from finasteride are also on medication for high blood pressure or have high blood pressure etc.
so would a super fit , non smoker , non drinker, blah blah blah lose their hair?

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
zinedine zidane is one the world's all time greatest soccer players, he's balding

drinkrum

Reaction score
PowerSam said:
see the thing is this would be extremely useful information but noones replying :( i personally smoke , drink a reasonable amount , very little exercise , sometimes recreational drugs. basically im doing everything wrong :)

what ive also noticed is alot of people who have bad side effects from finasteride are also on medication for high blood pressure or have high blood pressure etc.
so would a super fit , non smoker , non drinker, blah blah blah lose their hair?

Of those people that have bad side effects (namely sexual) from finasteride., how many are hypertensive (high blood pressure)? If you do have bad side effects (e.g. hair mcnair) and don't have high blood pressure, please state that also.

The reason I ask, is because, PowerSam, I think your statement is incorrect (at least as it pertains to this forum). I don't think the peeps with bad side effects are hypertensive.

D.

G

Yeah, I do a lot of coke, too, but I only drink beer and no pot. Quit the cigs nearly 2 years ago.

Axon

Reaction score
PowerSam said:

Dunno if I 'd say I'm SUPER fit (8% body fat), but I'm certainly fit, a non-smoker and a light drinker. (e.g., maybe one drink every two months, if not less.)

Not only was I losing hair prior to my regimen, I had terrible acne. So people just ain't blessed like that.

However, I have no Finasteride side effects.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
PowerSam said:

Of those people that have bad side effects (namely sexual) from finasteride., how many are hypertensive (high blood pressure)? If you do have bad side effects (e.g. hair mcnair) and don't have high blood pressure, please state that also.

The reason I ask, is because, PowerSam, I think your statement is incorrect (at least as it pertains to this forum). I don't think the peeps with bad side effects are hypertensive.

D.

Um. No high blood pressure here. Just the opposite. My blood pressure is in the normal range, sort of on the low side. I'm 23, about 5'7", 135 to 140 pounds. I don't smoke, don't do drugs (maybe some weed once every few months or so, but that stuff makes me paranoid as hell), and I drink alcohol on occasion, but usually not to excess. I'm also vegan (no animal products - meat, dairy, eggs, etc.). Did karate for a couple of years, and I jog off and on. I used to go hiking and camping in the summer. So I guess I'm pretty fit. I've been a bit lazy recently though. I need to get my *** in gear.

As far as side effects are concerned, I think the people who get side effects really bad tend to be younger guys who are slight in build.

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
I got "serious side effects" from propecia that have not gone away.

I weight lift 3 times a week, about an hour each time.
I jog
I eat rather healthy, limit simple sugars and saturated/trans fats
Dont smoke or drink

powersam

Reaction score
wasnt really a statement as such , more an observation from other forums such as the regrowth one and so on. high blood pressure was an example for an observation to make a hypothesis to be proved or disproved by other members with their own evidence and experiences answering. And it was so.
i apologize for my vague and inaccurate babble , but it would be nice to find a reason why some get big side effects while some get none

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:
wasnt really a statement as such , more an observation from other forums such as the regrowth one and so on. high blood pressure was an example for an observation to make a hypothesis to be proved or disproved by other members with their own evidence and experiences answering. And it was so.
i apologize for my vague and inaccurate babble , but it would be nice to find a reason why some get big side effects while some get none

Personally, I think I got really bad side effects because I started taking Propecia when I was 21, and I don't think I was done puberty yet. I'm pretty short (about 5'7") and slim. I'm not sure if I was going to grow any more. I also have no chest hair, no back hair, and not a lot of facial hair (can't even grow sideburns). I'm afraid that I really f*cked up my development. Damn it.

Stingray

Reaction score
Wow, a poster child for starting when you're done growing.

I was growing a full beard and had more hair on my *** than hair on my head when i was 17... Lucky me. I figured... I can risk losing a few chest hairs heh. I'm almost 6' 175 pounds. I think I found a happy medium.