Gyno symptoms?

Samcro95

Reaction score
Hey guys I just started taking finasteride a couple of days ago and for the first few days everything was good but today I got this pain and tenderness in my left nipple and it got erect it hasn't gone down since it started, is this a very early sign of gyno from finesteride should I stop taking the drug or try a smaller dose, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated I dont want to end up with man boobs

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would definitely stop, bizarre how you feel you're developing gyno after only a couple days. It could all be in your head, best to be safe though and stop.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I would definitely stop, bizarre how you feel you're developing gyno after only a couple days. It could all be in your head, best to be safe though and stop.

bro before i ever started propecia i took one of my brothers and felt that around my nipples felt sensitive... that was the only time i took 1 mg ever.. then fast forward a couple months i got my own script and 2 months later i got exactly what i felt coming from day 1... so its not that hard to believe.. and im not one to MAKE this up.. when i took 1mg i def felt nipple sensitivity all day.

Samcro95

Reaction score
bro before i ever started propecia i took one of my brothers and felt that around my nipples felt sensitive... that was the only time i took 1 mg ever.. then fast forward a couple months i got my own script and 2 months later i got exactly what i felt coming from day 1... so its not that hard to believe.. and im not one to MAKE this up.. when i took 1mg i def felt nipple sensitivity all day.

My nipple sensitivity has gone down, but I'm afraid of continue the finasteride I've read that nipple sensitivity doesn't exactly mean gyno but not sure. Im torn between continuing on finasteride and hoping I don't get gyno or just stop now and try something else for my hair.

g.i joey

Reaction score
My nipple sensitivity has gone down, but I'm afraid of continue the finasteride I've read that nipple sensitivity doesn't exactly mean gyno but not sure. Im torn between continuing on finasteride and hoping I don't get gyno or just stop now and try something else for my hair.

stop reading and work off what your body tells you, people react diff to drugs and a little nipple sensitivity when starting is more of your body adjusting.. worst comes to worst you develop gyno, which will only appear after days or weeks of itching and nipple swelling. you should do what you want but in my opinion, if you stop now youll never know if this was just an adjusting phase or your body developing gyno.

Samcro95

Reaction score
stop reading and work off what your body tells you, people react diff to drugs and a little nipple sensitivity when starting is more of your body adjusting.. worst comes to worst you develop gyno, which will only appear after days or weeks of itching and nipple swelling. you should do what you want but in my opinion, if you stop now youll never know if this was just an adjusting phase or your body developing gyno.

Yeah I was thinking it could be an adjusting period aswell, I've had nipple sensitivity in the past, When I was going through puberty I had sensitivity often and last year I remeber a small period of time when I had sensativity there. But in your experience did your sensitivity subside when your body adjusted to the hormone changes?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Ummm to be honest no. I did develop some tissue which I am currently truing to get rid of (6 days off finasteride and swelling has went down) just look out for your nipples getting puffy that's the main precursor and if your nipples feel itchy then you should start taking preventative measures (cut dose or stop completely ). If you eat dirty or are overweight these all contribute to gyno and estrogen hormones

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of things can give you gyno. You may have only noticed you had it after looking at side effects and then checking to see if you developed it, not knowing you already had it. I thought finasteride gave me sides and gyno but I already had the problems due to my liver disease. It's worth looking into every other possibility before blaming finasteride.

Samcro95

Reaction score
Ummm to be honest no. I did develop some tissue which I am currently truing to get rid of (6 days off finasteride and swelling has went down) just look out for your nipples getting puffy that's the main precursor and if your nipples feel itchy then you should start taking preventative measures (cut dose or stop completely ). If you eat dirty or are overweight these all contribute to gyno and estrogen hormones

I think the sensativity may have been my hormones adjusting because it only lasted that one day now it has completely disappeared and everything is back to normal so I'm going to continue finasteride. Thanks for your help man