Gyno After A Month?

G

I dont know if this is something psychological or if its really happening but it looks like my chest is growing (fat) and Ive only been on finasteride for a little less than a month. Is this at all possible?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
draevin said:
I dont know if this is something psychological or if its really happening but it looks like my chest is growing (fat) and Ive only been on finasteride for a little less than a month. Is this at all possible?

The first time I was on finasteride back in the late 90s - I think it took about 5 - 6 months before I noticed the beginnings of my man boobs. By month 8 it was totally, 100% obvious. That's when I quit finasteride.

viperfish

Reaction score
When I was on propecia I noticed after around two months that my chest grew quite flabby. I really don't know how long it can take to develop gyno.

SE-freak

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
The first time I was on finasteride back in the late 90s - I think it took about 5 - 6 months before I noticed the beginnings of my man boobs. By month 8 it was totally, 100% obvious. That's when I quit finasteride.

You are on proscar now. What happened? everything ok now?

G

I guess I'll just take some pictures and then compare them in a month. I have been pretty skinny my whole life, and for the last year and a half my metabolism (sp?) has finally started to slow down and Ive been putting on some weight so it may be something psychological. But I really dont remember my pecs being this flabby before. :cry:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
[quote="hair_tomorrow":b7908]

You are on proscar now. What happened? everything ok now?[/quote:b7908]

Hey SE -

Long story. Around 2000, I got hit w/ a large dose of life - nothing to do w/ hairloss - and my hair took on a much lower piority. Between the finasteride neg sides and life in general - I pretty much gave up on all maintenance / regrowth efforts - and in the process went from a NW3 to a NW5A by 2003.

I started up treatments again in May 2004 going w/ vitamins/minerals and a total topical regimen (minoxidil, nano, nizoral, spironolactone, rev) - but by March 2005 I was losing ground.

I went back on proscar at a reduced dose (1mg EOD) and also started experimenting w/ anti-Es. Not the way I wanted to go - but desperation was sinking in. For awhile I even dropped the proscar down to the bare minimum - .02 mg daily. I'm pretty much up to 1.25mg EOD and maintaining.

The man boobs from 1999 remain. I was using an anti-fat cream all summer which really didn't help. I also had an excersise and weights routine worked out - but kept blowing out my lower back. I'm taking it slow and just started working out again this week - avoiding leg lifts and situps which were the lower back culprits.

Regards,

trustus

Reaction score
Question for hair_tomorrow:

Did you "feel" yourself getting gyno or did you just start noticing it?

I'd like to know if there's any way you can tell you are starting to get it (besides bigger boobs, of course) -- so you can stop finasteride before it gets really bad...

SE-freak

Reaction score
Hair_Tomorrow:

thank you for a thorough answer and a summing up of your story so far.

I am sure you have become a "bodybuilder" emotionally.
It is great to know that you are not giving up.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
trustus said:
Question for hair_tomorrow:

Did you "feel" yourself getting gyno or did you just start noticing it?

I'd like to know if there's any way you can tell you are starting to get it (besides bigger boobs, of course) -- so you can stop finasteride before it gets really bad...

In my case - yes, I felt myself getting it - but back then (1999) I didn't realize what it was.

The sensation you get (well, in my instance anyway) is an ultra-sensitivity around the nipples. For example, if I was wearing a shirt without a cotton undershirt (t-shirt) and my nips rubbed up against the inside of my shirt - there'd be a distinct burning sensation. I didn't think too much of it at the time - because hell - between the groin ache and the sexual sides - I just figured in for a penny, in for a dollar.

But then one day I saw a picture someone had taken of me by the pool - and I had gone from a normal flat chested male to having quite the perky set.

I experienced that same familiar nipple burn after 6 weeks of starting back on proscar last March - and made some adjustments this time.

So far, things haven't gotten any worse.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
Hair_Tomorrow:

thank you for a thorough answer and a summing up of your story so far.

I am sure you have become a "bodybuilder" emotionally.
It is great to know that you are not giving up.

always happy to share. hang tough!

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
i noticed this as well, .44 a day for 3 months nothing, changed to ..625 a day and i noticed burning nipples and a fatter chest, switched back to .44 and after doing press ups etc i think its better than before